Primary Weapons Flash Suppressing Compensator?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TurboniumOxide

I have one (FSC556) and it did make a difference. It reduced muzzle rise quite a bit. With my 22 conversion, it also made a difference; I am able to pull the trigger as fast as I can and keep it easily on target. It is very loud however. It is now a "plugs and muffs" rifle. Be careful with it.

you will be suprised have much a comp will help your shooting. $99.00 is about in the price range of most good comps.

any comp will be loud if it works.

i do have that comp on my SBR i am happy with it.

i have a more expensive one on by 16" that i do really love.

if you know anyone that is a USPSA member ask them to borrow there front sight mag, there is a great write up on comps this month in it. including the PWS

the pictures are from the front sight mag i was telling you about, also found on enos.

it is a laser on top of the hand guard with a 16" AR mounted to a sled. the pictures shows the movement of the shot fired and action working. a small bag filled with air fires the AR.

if you have never shot AR's with comps then you will never realize how hard they kick and how hard they to control for fast follow up shots.

added comps are not only thing that reduce recoil, but it is a big part.

oh I get it now...wow...that is quite a difference...thanks! Any experience with the much less expensive YHM Phantom FC2?

I've had those on all my AR's and AK's and they work. They are good flash suppressors and I could tell quite a bit of difference in recoil on the AK's. The PWS do have some impressive videos of the FH capabilities of their piece. Near zero flash. Very cool.

I believe the Miculek is the best comp you can get for the price, it's very effective and cheap.

A comp on an AR is not about reducing recoil, it's about muzzle control. A good comp will all but eliminate the typical up and to the right muzzle lift of an AR, which is obvious in the pictures Mr. F posted.