Modern Warfare 2 (xbox360)

Guest cowboy20th

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cowboy20th

Picked up mine today after class, finally got the campaign part done. It was really strange playing a military game on American soil,they made it very real as far as environment goes, and the airport scene was disturbing in a sense i guess.

At the same time, it is just a game. A very good, well made game.

Films, books, games, etc. they all like to have their political/moral elements to them. It is what makes them relate to us, to our lives, and to our minds and hearts so that we adore them or hate them and spend money either devouring the information or despising it.

This game had some scary political/moral elements to it that really related to our day in time. I think they tried to make the game slightly edgy and possibly disturbing to some so they could drive their point home. Maybe their point was that our country seems broken or divided right now, and if we allow this to continue, then our enemies will sniff out the weakness and do everything in their power to try and collapse our way of life. Maybe the point was that we need something like that to wake us up so we could fight for our way of life and remember what it means to be American.

And at the same time, it is just a game.

opinions in media, no matter how well presented or argued, will always be taken with a grain a of salt by me. I will listen with an open mind, but if Tom cruise wants to make the point that the spaceship is coming and we should all drink the koolaid, then that is great for him but I think I will pass.

Besides, everyone knows it will be zombies not aliens in our future.

What a game. I stayed up until about 1am last night. My last match I went 30-2. The SCAR-H is awesome, but the game has it as a 5.56 round??? It should be 7.62 NATO. The Spec Ops are pretty awesome too. If anyone wants to play some spec ops or multiplayer, my xbox tag is "nhmorgan". Clan Tag "TCB".

I've been playing video games since I was 2 and I've never seen or played a better game. This game is rock solid. I have no criticisms.

Played until 4:30am after release and played 4 hours last night too. Haven't checked out the campaign yet though. Sounds pretty awesome and innovative. I like to hear about game makers pushing the envelope.

Bling makes me so happy.

Guest SMZRU275

I am LOVING this game, beat the solo campaign Tuesday morning and now playing multiplayer online, working on getting higher in the ranks.

On PS3 though.

PSN AF275

HOLY SH*T! I just beat the campaign on Hardened yesterday. What a game! Now the story is a little short and does have some pretty far fetched moments, but intense...omg is it ever! I got it on PC...need to come up with a handle for multi...definitely recommend buying this. If your a gun nut(which is everyone on this board) the sheer amount of real life weapons you can use makes it worth a purchase.

HOLY SH*T! I just beat the campaign on Hardened yesterday. What a game! Now the story is a little short and does have some pretty far fetched moments, but intense...omg is it ever! I got it on PC...need to come up with a handle for multi...definitely recommend buying this. If your a gun nut(which is everyone on this board) the sheer amount of real life weapons you can use makes it worth a purchase.

+1

There are so many bullets flying around in some parts that I had to change my underwear twice :lol:

I also now have an urge to get a USC and do a UMP conversion...

My favorite gun for the majority of missions was definitely the ACR.

I cracked and bought the PC version. I am very, very, very disappointed. I'm only 4 missions in and I'm bored already. It's a lot of run, cover, shoot 15 bad guys, then run some more. And did I seriously spend 5 minutes doing virtual ice climbing? Left click, right click, left click, right click....snooze. And without leaning, it's unnecessarily hard.

All for the "bargain" price of 60 dollars. Oh, I am so disappointed in my weak will power. I implore everyone else with a PC to wait until the price drops.