Modern Warfare 2 (xbox360)

Guest cowboy20th

Guest cowboy20th

Alright everyone, with two more days until release, we need to organize.

This game is going to be awesome and I can't wait to play it with a bunch of gun guys too.

I am not usually this excited about games, but this one is definitely going to be worth the wait.

my tag is C0W0B0Y20th spelled with zeros. Everyone post your tags!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought about getting a XBox to play this, but I hate FPS on consoles. Thumbsticks are a joke compared to a mouse and keyboard.

I was going to buy it for PC, but then I started reading all of the hoopla about no dedicated servers. That plus the CEO's bad attitude and the 60 dollar price tag are enough to make me wait until it's 9 bucks in the bargain bin.

Say What? You must be on that rock.

I've been playing FPS since Doom. I remember when you could bunny hop with a Deagle and still pop someone in the head from all the way across the map in CS. This was all with a simple mouse and keyboard, and the only determination in whether you could pull it off was your skill level.

If you have to use weak computer assisted aiming because your method of input isn't precise enough, then I don't want to play.

I've been playing FPS since Doom. I remember when you could bunny hop with a Deagle and still pop someone in the head from all the way across the map in CS. This was all with a simple mouse and keyboard, and the only determination in whether you could pull it off was your skill level.

If you have to use weak computer assisted aiming because your method of input isn't precise enough, then I don't want to play.

Doom? Come on. The physics were not near as realistic as they are now. All I'm getting at is that the analogs seem to be a lot more intuitive than the mouse/keyboard for me. Though, I have spent my share of time on A/W/D/S.

Doom? Come on. The physics were not near as realistic as they are now. All I'm getting at is that the analogs seem to be a lot more intuitive than the mouse/keyboard for me. Though, I have spent my share of time on A/W/D/S.

You can play doom on an Iphone and not lose anything. You cannot play CS with thumbsticks and expect the gameplay to be the same at all. Console ports are rather pathetic, actually.

FPS on consoles seems to be "put reticule in general direction and start spraying". Nowhere near the pixel precision of gaming on a computer. So I propose that they stop trying to make hardcore games for consoles, and instead focus on softer FPS. I think No One Lives Forever is a great example of a FPS franchise that wouldn't lose anything from fuzzy aiming.

There was a time when precision was mimicked in consoles. Halo 1 scoped pistol, remember that little gem? But they know the formula now: make it fuzzy and make it easy for non-gamers to feel like they're getting their moneys worth, instead of being easy meat for others with a little more playing time and quicker reflexes.

The trouble with pc games is keeping up. S**t. Seems like every other game that came out you's have to update ram/GC. One good thing about a console is that if you bought one, you'd be good for a year or two before having to upgrade.

Well, I think the future of gaming is streaming. There will be no Xbox 720 or PS 4 or whatever. No more hardware requirements for anybody beyond an input device and a screen.

In any case, computer gaming has hit a plateau. I haven't upgraded my rig in 5 years now. The days of needing to upgrade your stuff every 6 months are over and done with.

Well, I think the future of gaming is streaming. There will be no Xbox 720 or PS 4 or whatever. No more hardware requirements for anybody beyond an input device and a screen.

In any case, computer gaming has hit a plateau. I haven't upgraded my rig in 5 years now. The days of needing to upgrade your stuff every 6 months are over and done with.

Interesting ideas, but I'm not sure if hardware requirements will disapear overnight.

Oh, and apologies to the OP. You boys have fun owning faces. :)

I thought about getting a XBox to play this, but I hate FPS on consoles. Thumbsticks are a joke compared to a mouse and keyboard.

I was going to buy it for PC, but then I started reading all of the hoopla about no dedicated servers. That plus the CEO's bad attitude and the 60 dollar price tag are enough to make me wait until it's 9 bucks in the bargain bin.

You can play doom on an Iphone and not lose anything. You cannot play CS with thumbsticks and expect the gameplay to be the same at all. Console ports are rather pathetic, actually.

FPS on consoles seems to be "put reticule in general direction and start spraying". Nowhere near the pixel precision of gaming on a computer. So I propose that they stop trying to make hardcore games for consoles, and instead focus on softer FPS. I think No One Lives Forever is a great example of a FPS franchise that wouldn't lose anything from fuzzy aiming.

There was a time when precision was mimicked in consoles. Halo 1 scoped pistol, remember that little gem? But they know the formula now: make it fuzzy and make it easy for non-gamers to feel like they're getting their moneys worth, instead of being easy meat for others with a little more playing time and quicker reflexes.

Savage is the only one with some sense. Im not buying it at all. I may download the 360 version and burn it to play single player but they get none of my money.

Guest abailey362

I've thought about gettin back into xbox for this. We are going to have the special edition console bundle for sale on tuesday and it's pretty sweet. Comes with the game, special graphics on the console, 2 controllers and a 250 GB hard drive.

Very tempting to return the 360 arcade I got yesterday for $100 from wally world to get all the bells n whistles of the bundle.

Guest SMZRU275

I've got the Prestige Edition prebooked for PS3 but I have played this already on XBOX 360, on Halloween night. Not going into the details how.

Played the solo campaign and some of the CO-OP Special OPS, and the game is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! My friend who I played the game with already beat the solo campaign and said its crazy.

Playing it on XBOX360

13355_194484670803_508425803_4353962_6351072_n.jpg

Wal Mart is offering a free $20.00 eGiftcard for pre order right now.

Yep, I got the same deal through Amazon. Theirs is a credit towards your next game and I'm ordering Left 4 Dead 2 as soon as the credit hits my account.

Guest Rem_700

I can't wait to get it,but I don't think i'll have the money for it until this weekend..i hate being poor! LMAO Anyone know what they are running? Im getting it for PC,got my computer set up for gameing,no way would I waste a good game like this on PS3 of xbox,PC is way better!