Just to say Hello

Mykltn

New member to the TGO and just wanted to say Hi. I have been reading the post here for awhile and finally decided to join. I am a long time firearms owner but love handguns in general. You all seem very knowegable from what I've read and I am looking forward to posting and discussing the topics here with you folks.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome - Try to avoid the "controversy" over choices for CCW. The range of inputs runs from those who want a small 22 caliber to those who think everyone needs a 45 caliber. The CCW choice is very personal and the selection must meet the needs of size, shape, balistics, price and feel of the user. All the controversy [and most of the discussion] focuses on various opinions that, while they meet the needs of the posting party they may have little, if any, relevance to the threading party.

Best wishes.

I'm a n00b as well, and I've learned quite a bit from the members. TGO has proven to be a great resource in my journey becoming a responsible and knowledgeable gun owner. Welcome.

pwhphd: I'm a 9mm guy - if everybody followed your advice, some of my favorite threads would never make it. Where else can the neverending arguments over grain size vs. capacity take place?

I like a 9mm myself. I have a Kahr PM-9 and a Ruger P95. The Kahr is a great CCW choice, but for most the Ruger would be far too large - yet the Ruger would be better handled by someone with arthritic hands that the Kahr. My point was not to thwart input on different guns [that's why there are so many differnt kinds] but, rather to suggest avoiding the "controversy." That's what his thread suggested and many use the forum to espouse just what fits them!

Guest JHatmaker
The CCW choice is very personal and the selection must meet the needs of size, shape, balistics, price and feel of the user. All the controversy [and most of the discussion] focuses on various opinions that, while they meet the needs of the posting party they may have little, if any, relevance to the threading party.

You sir are a wise man :)

And welcome Mykltn, glad to have you here.

Glad to be here. I enjoy controversy, it gives people the opportunity to exchange thoughts and experiences with their own ccw decisions. I personally cc everything from Derringers to full size 1911's and from 9mm to .410 shot shell. As I said, I love choices!