First day with a new M&P40c and S&W 642

Guest clutepc

Guest clutepc

I was able to get my M&P 40c out for the first time today!! :cool:

Wow is all I can say, I was very pleased with the choice I have to say.

If it wasn't for my pulling left during the trigger pull with many of the shots I'd be happier but that's my issue not the pistol.

I'm looking forward to getting back on the range to work on my issues and enjoy shooting this great weapon!!! :woohoo:

My wife was also able to shoot her 642 for the first time, another great weapon!!

After getting use to the recoil on that one she was able to get some great shots.

I would suggest these two for anyone looking for a CCW !!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I guess you knew he was a Glock owner from the mangled shooting hand?

Naw, I was looking for information about the rumored fully supported Glock chamber and he was contacted for me and we talked on the phone and in person for probably an hour.

He loves Glocks but doesn't shoot reloads and carries without a round in the chamber. He even went through a demonstration for me of why he thinks Glock packers get Glock Leg or Glock Butt. He does an Israeli draw.

Guest clutepc

Ouch!! :eek:

** Note to self ** Stay away from the trigger at that time.

I'm new to semi-auto pistols I have to admit but I bet that happens more than people think.

---

I found this interesting description about my bad shooting habit..looking forward to fixing that problem.

Milking,” taken from the hand’s movement when milking a cow’s udder, occurs when the index finger closes on the trigger and the other fingers sympathetically close with it, changing the grasp and pulling the sights off target. Most commonly, this will pull the shot low and to the side of what you were aiming at. It is a function called “interlimb response.” When one finger closes, the other fingers want to close with it.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/ayoob85.html

Yeah Creeky, that an Israeli draw. Not hard to do, but it does take a little more time.

I know why Glocks blow up, but I've never figured out why there are so many Glock legs and butts. In our immediate area, I know of seven Glock ADs into the leg or butt and one 1911 leg wound in the past three years. Nothing else in other handgun brands. Maybe Julie has better data?

The normal Glockie excuse for Glock wounds is that there are more of them than other guns. I doubt there are seven times as many Glocks as 1911s though, and that doesn't explain the zero numbers on everything else.

As I say, I'm still trying to figure out the reasons for the Glockings.

Guest EasilyObsessed
In our immediate area, I know of seven Glock ADs into the leg or butt and one 1911 leg wound in the past three years. Nothing else in other handgun brands.

One of the Putnam County sheriffs shot himself in the leg a year and a half ago while holstering his gun. I think it was a H&K or Sig. I know it wasnt a glock, but I cant remember the exact brand.

There was a story about an LA country sherrif who did just that. I use it to illustrate the principle that bad habits will kill you. In this case, he kept his finger inside the trigger well while holstering the gun in an IWB. Ouch. He shot himself in the butt twice btw. Moral of the story:

Keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot. Big duh, I know but amazing how many people dont. And then they want to blame Glock.

Anyway, I've shot the M&P40c. It was a very nice gun. The trigger reset is very well-defined making it a pleasure to shoot. It actually feels better on the range than dry-firing it.

The 642 is a tough gun to shoot well over long distances. Which is fine, because it wasnt designed to do that. But at close distances it works great and of course the ease of carry and reliability figure into it.

Yeah, I see no reason for Glocks to be worse than other handguns that are holstered in the cocked mode (or essentially cocked). I haven't figured it out yet.

I either de-cock the USP or else I am very careful when replacing it in the holster. Same with the Beretta.

Guest Tombstone
Ouch!! :eek:

** Note to self ** Stay away from the trigger at that time.

I'm new to semi-auto pistols I have to admit but I bet that happens more than people think.

---

I found this interesting description about my bad shooting habit..looking forward to fixing that problem.

Milking,†taken from the hand’s movement when milking a cow’s udder, occurs when the index finger closes on the trigger and the other fingers sympathetically close with it, changing the grasp and pulling the sights off target. Most commonly, this will pull the shot low and to the side of what you were aiming at. It is a function called “interlimb response.†When one finger closes, the other fingers want to close with it.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/ayoob85.html

Thanks for posting that article. I have been shooting for quite a long while, but it has usually been just me... And that means that it was just me trying to figure out where I was messing up. I recently purchesed a new gun and was having the problem of shooting to the right, slightly low.

So I am anxious to get back out there and try the techniques that the author wrote about.

Thanks again for posting it.