Help me pick one...

Guest hi im drummer03

Guest hi im drummer03

Im looking between the Dan Wesson Pointman Markmans vs SA PI9132LP vs SA PI9140LP?

My take on the three.

SA PI9132LP has the Match Grade barrel,adj sight. Not a bad bang for the buck to me since its 897 OTD.

DW PM seems to be a better made parts,correct me if im wrong some Ed Brown Parts?Bumper on the Bottom of the mag.Also has a very smooth look?Has more agressive rear checkering.Many opinions tell me for around 1000 its the best out there.Its 1025 OTD.

SA9140LP has all the goodies.Speed Chute,2 piece Guide Rod,Upgraded trigger,Match Grade Barell,Bumper on mag to go with the Speed Chute.Another big thing i like whioch is like the Kimbers.This gun has checkering,aggressive checkering on the the front.This one is 1325 OTD.

Thnx for the help in advance.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't consider a FLGR either 1 or 2 piece an advantage or improvement.

Other than that, what do you intend to do with this gun?

Me, I'd take the SA because it has a longer track record with gunsmiths. Otherwise, put 3 pieces of paper in a hat and pick one.

Guest JHatmaker
STI Trojan, thank me later...:D

STI's have been slowly growing on me for a while now. I've never tried one out, but hear they are the bee's knee's. I'm dying to shoot one.

STI's have been slowly growing on me for a while now. I've never tried one out, but hear they are the bee's knee's. I'm dying to shoot one.

IMO there are basically two different kinds of 1911 guys:

(1) guys who like to look at 'em, take pics of 'em, shine 'em up, shoot them now and then, but usually need a gunsmith to detail strip 'em or install some "super-amazing-slide-stop-recoil-reducer" do-dad...

(2) guys who want to shoot the crap out of them, and care more about whether they run right than if the finish is "purty" and usually can keep 'em tuned and running with out much help...

From what I've seen at matches, category 2 type's seem to shoot STI's and rarely have any problems... in reliability, they seem to be the most "glock-like" 1911 out there.

I've seen many, and shot a few at matches across TN, they're awesome, and when I get mine, I'll be sure to let you shoot it!

And, not to hijack the thread... I'd pick the DW of the 3...

Edited by CK1
(2) guys who want to shoot the crap out of them, and care more about whether they run right than if the finish is "purty" and usually can keep 'em tuned and running with out much help...

From what I've seen at matches, category 2 type's seem to shoot STI's and rarely have any problems... in reliability, they seem to be the most "glock-like" 1911 out there.

I've seen many, and shot a few at matches across TN, they're awesome, and when I get mine, I'll be sure to let you shoot it!

And, not to hijack the thread... I'd pick the DW of the 3...

STI's need to be tuned and touched up when purchase.

The most Glock like 1911 (as in take it out of the box and it works) are the GI/Mil-spec guns.