H&R 20 guage

Guest Jon

Just got my old shotgun back from my Dad. He gave it to me when I was 12 for christmas. We used it a few times then it was put away for years. I just went and got it today and was curious how to figure out the serial number. I think it is a H&R Pardner but it looks alot like a Topper as well.

Does anyone have any info on this gun? I have been searching google for 3 hours and found nothing.

Serial number is AT288xxx if anyone knows how to break it down

075.jpg

076.jpg

Edited by Jon
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well after searching I found that this gun was made in 1979. H&R Inc. never made a Pardner that wasn't produced till H&R 1871 came along. So I know my gun is a Topper. But still not sure exactly what model. im thinking its the model 88.

Anyone got any ideas?

Guest Pvt.Joker

That's a nice gun you've got there. Always good to still have the first one, with the family ties to it, to pass down the generations. My own dad did that to me with his father's Winchester Model 1912 20 gauge that grandpa bought new in 1912, and also his old Stevens 12 gauge pump.

I've still got the H&R Topper Jr 28 gauge that was my first gun too (a Christmas present from my dad after I shot one at a local turkey shoot and enjoyed it) and I would like to know where you found the date of manufacture at. I'd like to look up mine as well.

As far as the model goes, mine is marked on top of the barrel, if that helps any.

DSC02631.jpg

DSC02630.jpg

DSC02629.jpg

Don't know if the photos help you any or not, but that's what I've got. They aren't the easiest guns to find info on, which is odd considering how many were sold.

Nice gun. Yours looks newer than mine. I found the year Here about 1/4 down the page. Mines not marked the same as yours. On the top of the chamber all mine says is H&R Inc. 20 Ga. 3" Full. and its not as fancy as yours. On the side it is the same as your except mine has the Patent and serial numbers.

And your right about how hard it is to find info on these things. I been searching for weeks and still have not found everything.

Does anyone know where I can run the serial numbers to check for the PO of the gun and possibly get it in my name? It was bout a a flea market whenI was 12 so I wouldnt want to get pulled over and this thing had been stolen lol

Guest clsutton21
Nice gun. Yours looks newer than mine. I found the year Here about 1/4 down the page. Mines not marked the same as yours. On the top of the chamber all mine says is H&R Inc. 20 Ga. 3" Full. and its not as fancy as yours. On the side it is the same as your except mine has the Patent and serial numbers.

And your right about how hard it is to find info on these things. I been searching for weeks and still have not found everything.

Does anyone know where I can run the serial numbers to check for the PO of the gun and possibly get it in my name? It was bout a a flea market whenI was 12 so I wouldnt want to get pulled over and this thing had been stolen lol

I wish I had a nickel for every time that someone asks about getting a firearm put in their name...it can't be done. In TN, there is no name attached to your firearm. The ONLY record of it is a paper one when it was sold. The ONLY person that has that info is the one that sold the gun to the original owner. There is no way to change it....and there is no need.

Well the gun was purchased in GA any different there? I was just really wanting to make sure it wasn't stolen honestly. Although it would suck to find out the gun I had for ten years was stolen. I would just wanna check to make sure.

Also I guess im in the market for a striker and lifter assembly. Put 25 rounds through the gun today no prob. Broke it down to clean it and I noticed the striker laying on the floor. It had broke in half. Ordered one from e-gunparts.com 16 bucks shipped