Juvinile hunt big buck

Is there any big buck contests going on for the youngens?

My cousin'e little girl (I think 8yrs old), got her a 12 or 13 pointer this morning.

It is one of the bigger ones I have seen in these parts.

As soon as I get some pics from them I will post.

Her sister also got her a 5 point this morning & as of 4:00 got a six too.

Good job gals!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to you and the girls. Sounds like they're off to the right start. Good luck on finding a contest. I'm not up on TN regs but do you have to have your deer weighed at a check in station? Record the weight and get it green scored. She may get in to an adult BB contest. Good luck though. We'll be looking for some pics!

Edited by KarlS
sp

IMG_2951.jpg

Not a trophy by any means, but we had a successful hunt this morning despite all the rain. He made a great shot on this deer, quartering away from us at a distance of at least 150 yards. Taking the young 'uns hunting is always fun. This doe is now in strips marinating in the fridge. He wants to go back tomorrow in search of a buck.

Congrats....we hit the woods around 9 am and sat it out all day long...saw a couple huge doe but too much real estate between the business end of the .270 and the meat...still....memories were made and I would rather have an unsuccessful day hunting with my boys than many things in this life....I wouldn't trade it for anything....

Guest clutepc
IMG_2951.jpg

Not a trophy by any means, but we had a successful hunt this morning despite all the rain. He made a great shot on this deer, quartering away from us at a distance of at least 150 yards. Taking the young 'uns hunting is always fun. This doe is now in strips marinating in the fridge. He wants to go back tomorrow in search of a buck.

I think getting him out and having them harvest the animal makes it a trophy.

I'm sure his excitement about it was priceless..lol

That's great I think, I would have loved to take a child out this weekend.

My 11 year old daughter got a nice big doe this afternoon. .243 to the lungs. She went 50 yards and pilled up. Venison on the menu this week.

We had a wonderful afternoon hunt on Sunday. We didn't get to hunt Saturday because of Halloween and family in town. We got to the woods at 12:30 Sunday and immediately had a buck grunt 30 yards from us. He was in standing corn and we couldn't see him. I looked up and a HUGE buck was crossing a tobacco field about 300 yards out. All I saw was bone, but he was to the woods before she could get on him. 5 minutes later as we were still walking to our blind site we saw a doe crossing at 400 yards out. Too far and moving too quick. We got our blind set up on a clover field and under a white oak that was dropping a ton of acorns. No more deer movement. We had 12 Jake Turkeys come out at 3:30 and then the deer showed up at 4:15. The lead doe got spooky about our blind and my daughter routed her.

Congrats to all the youth hunters this weekend. A few neighbor boys got bucks this weekend. One got a nice 12 pointer. Glad to see all the kids out hunting.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there any big buck contests going on for the youngens?

My cousin'e little girl (I think 8yrs old), got her a 12 or 13 pointer this morning.

It is one of the bigger ones I have seen in these parts.

As soon as I get some pics from them I will post.

Her sister also got her a 5 point this morning & as of 4:00 got a six too.

Good job gals!!

This thread is worthless without pics...:popcorn:

I miss deer hunting. Haven't been in years.