land for lease in Stewart CO. TN

I'm looking for some lease land in Stewart CO. small plots with other woods surrounding would be fine. I would be hunting along with 1 or 2 other people. This would be a secondary area since I primarily hint LBL and Cross Creek. I would like a place to put up at least 1 box stand so that I can take my kids out and get them into hunting. They are young 3 and 5 so they will not be shooting. If they are not with me I primarily hunt out of climbing stands. I have been hunting or around hunting since I was old enough to go with my Dad say 30 years give or take a little.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't heard of any. I have been looking to lease land in stewart county for years with no luck. We do have access to 167 acres but we primarily hunt public land in the Dover area. With all the old Westvaco land there, you should be able to get in somewhere if you search around some. If I hear of anything, I'll post it on here. As of right now, I'm pretty happy with what I've got.

Yea I have been hunting up here for the past 8 years and have been hunting public land but I have kids that are getting to the age that I can take them with me and if you hunt public land you probably hunt out of climbers and it's kinda hard to climb a tree with a 5 year old with you :popcorn:. I guess I could tie them to my pull up rope and hang them on the side of the tree as long socil services sees me do it :P

• 1 year later...
Guest chris k

I have 20 acres outside Dover I inherited. I keep meaning to go hunting there but never get around to it. No one ( as far as I know) has hunted on the land since it was purchased over 25 years ago. We never even looked at it more than once since it was purchased. I went there to find it and to take a look at it 6 years ago, It is all natural woods surrounded by enormous tracks off wooded land. I believe the community is called Carlilse? I know that is the name of the road it is on, spelling not withstanding.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BigNoise

I am on a westvaco lease of about 2600 acres on Kentucky Lake in Stewart. They are talking about adding a few new members for 2011. I will def let you know.