Shooting Range - Brentwood area

wipfel

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

Uselton's is the only indoor one in the Brentwood Franklin area. It's very nice. If you're not a member it's $20 and you have to use their ammo, but the ammo is priced very fair.

The other option would be On Target in Murfreesboro, I think it's under $20, and bring your own ammo.

I think you can shoot down at Owl Hollow during the week day, not 100% sure though.

I think you can shoot down at Owl Hollow during the week day, not 100% sure though.

yep, you can... It's now Charlie Haffner Memorial Range, and worth the drive.

hard to beat $40/year. only downside is it closes pretty early during the fall/winter.

Charlie's a great guy, and I'm glad I joined. Tripledigit already posted the info...

personally, there was no way I was gonna do business with Uselton's. just couldn't stomach the..."gotta pay to be a member, or you can't use your own ammo" crap. :D

Guest RugerFan7

When I went into Uselton's when they first opened you had to pay for a $200+ membership and still pay $20 every time you want to shoot there. Way to expensive for me. I don't know if that has changed yet or not. On Target in Murfreesboro seems like a decent range. You can get a month membership for around forty dollars. It seems like a good deal.

When I went into Uselton's when they first opened you had to pay for a $200+ membership and still pay $20 every time you want to shoot there. Way to expensive for me. I don't know if that has changed yet or not. On Target in Murfreesboro seems like a decent range. You can get a month membership for around forty dollars. It seems like a good deal.

I checked mid-summer and they still required the $20 fee even with a membership... that was all I needed to hear. More expensive than anywhere else in mid-TN even with a membership. From what I remember, you can't shoot at all unless you pay the membership fee.

Guest JHatmaker

Yes, it's still the same. For a $400 membership you pay $5 per visit.

On Target just recently (as of today :D) signed on as a TGO Supporting Vendor (http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/tn-gun-owners-announcements/29427-please-welcome-target-murfreesboro-vendor.html), so I will need to try them out as well.

Guest JHatmaker
I checked mid-summer and they still required the $20 fee even with a membership... that was all I needed to hear. More expensive than anywhere else in mid-TN even with a membership. From what I remember, you can't shoot at all unless you pay the membership fee.

You can shoot w/o a membership, but it's $20 and you must use their ammo.

Edited by JHatmaker
  • Admin Team

On Target is a good range for after work shooting, and pretty convenient with the new Medical Center Parkway exit. A group of us go down there once a month or so after dinner and shoot until they close at 2100. First person is $19 each additional in the lane is $10. They have memberships available as well which I will likely look into for next year.

hard to beat $40/year. only downside is it closes pretty early during the fall/winter.

Charlie's a great guy, and I'm glad I joined. Tripledigit already posted the info...

Here is the info from the site

Range Schedule The range is open 7 days a week year round opening at 8AM Monday-Friday and at 9AM on Sundays. On the first weekend of the month, the range is closed in an effort to aid noise reduction for the neighborhood. Range closing times are as follows:

January 4:30 February 5:00 March 5:20 April 6:30 May-August 7:00 September 6:30 October 5:30 (5:00 after time change) November 4:30 December 4:00

+1 and then some on Charlie being a great guy.

Yeah, chalk one more up for a reasonable range in brentwood with after work hours. i've gotten into going to gun city usa in the evenings and to cheatham wma on weekends. it's far but definitely worth the drive. sometimes cheatham is totally empty except for me or me and my buddies.

Yeah, chalk one more up for a reasonable range in brentwood with after work hours. i've gotten into going to gun city usa in the evenings and to cheatham wma on weekends. it's far but definitely worth the drive. sometimes cheatham is totally empty except for me or me and my buddies.

does cheatham have any close range handgun target areas? the other downside to chmr is the busy handgun pit.

does cheatham have any close range handgun target areas? the other downside to chmr is the busy handgun pit.

Cheatham is where I frequent, at leas 3-5 times a month.

They have a 20-25 yd range that you can use for handgun shooting. I have come up with a nifty way to shoot my pistols at any range I see fit.... make a target stand.

I typically take the AK's or the Mosin out there along side my sidearms. So I have a couple of neighborhood sale signs I was given, which I tack up targets to. These can be placed at any distance you choose. It is an easy solution to avoid limited distance target placement. Thus I can shoot both pistol and rifle from the same lane.

I've even seen some PVC style target stands which take down for transportation in use there.

Cheatham is great during the week, when I can get away from the office early (is 25 min from my place to the range), as no one is ever there. I think every 3rd Thursday of the month the local sheriff dept has a shoot there for its officers. I've ended up there while they were there, and let me shoot along with them, no biggie, nice guys.

Only downside is that Cheatham does not allow guns with the fun switch, so it limits when I can invite my "well to do" buddy with his FA guns. :)....

30 rnd mag dumps are over rated anyways....(sarcasm here).

Uselton's is a joke, and I stay away from his place, I mean he is really proud of his inventory, I assume thats why its priced so high. Actually, I tend to stay away from both gun shops in that area. Only local shops that get my money are Guns n Leather or Eastside Gun Shop (the rabbi can find deals).

my $.02

Be nice if someone reasonable built another range in the Franklin/Brentwood area. Enough folks don't like Uselton and if you have checked the prices on his guns, you would understand why. Plus, he thinks very highly of himself.

Youre in Thompson Station? Shoot.. Owl Hollow is like 4 miles from you. How much closer you want one? :lol: