The traffic-camera scam

TMMT

No one is saying running a light,is as bad as murder.

Thats why the fine for running a light is only,what 80 bucks?

But to compare them,and say one shouldn't be enforced is kinda silly.

Again,a crime is a crime is a crime said the dime with a lime.

If you do want to compare them equally,then tell me how many people are killed each year from what would have been minor traffic offenses,versus murders? :drama:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the yellow light lasts a hair longer than the flash of a camera while you're halfway across a six lane intersection where the light WAS GREEN when you started but now you have a ticket because it turned red is when I have a problem with traffic cameras.

Run on sentence much? :drama:

Rear end collisions are caused by people following to closely.

So what? :rolleyes:

Heres the thing! Don't run the ****ing red light,and your hard earned money will stay in your pocket!

How is that so hard to understand?

They are also caused by people distracted and not paying attention. I don't run red lights. My problem is ENOUGH with the damn camera's already. Only place you can pick your nose or your ass anywhere without being seen is at home! lol

Jackson has had these cameras for some time. It is just a revenue generator. $50 bucks a pop. No points. They have also just gotten a mobile speed cameras. They are in SUV's and they move around and stop anywhere. I heard they got somewhere around 250 speeders in a hour and a half in one location. If you listen to the talk radio station in town you will find out where they are. Ever y time they stop somewhere someone will call it in. They are called "robo cop" around Jackson. If you don't know where they are you better be careful.

News Talk 101.5 does "Robo Cop" alerts all day long. Listeners call in the locations.

A man was driving through town, when he saw the flash of a traffic light camera.

He figured that his picture had been taken for exceeding the limit, even though he knew that he was not speeding...

Just to be sure, he went around the block and passed the same spot, driving even more slowly, but again the camera flashed.

[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font]

Now he began to think that this was quite funny, so he drove even slower as he passed the area again, but the traffic camera again flashed.

He tried a fourth time with the same result.

He did this a fifth time and was now laughing when the camera flashed as he rolled past, this time at a snail's pace...

Two weeks later, he got five tickets in the mail for driving without a seat belt..

You can't fix stupid.

Guest 1817ak47
Rear end collisions are caused by people following to closely.

mostly true, but if you are towing and some arse swerves into your lane in there hot sports car with all wheel cross drilled brakes, you won't be able to stop in the amount of distance they can

now I haven't ever gotten a forced donation from the camera's yet, but I know some day some damn putz will be in front of me going max of about 40 in a 50-55mph area and I won't be able to stop cause I will be stuck in the intersection when the light changes cause I am not moving fast enough, happened to me many times when I wasn't in camera intersections

Guest Gun Geek

Just thought I would drop hint on a couple of new cameras for the Burg, Pigeon Forge or Sevierbound ppl.

All down the new Veterans, every light. New cams at the corner of 66 and Main St (I watched them put this one in) Soon all lights down 66 will have them as well (Obama money - cant miss the sign).

I dont necessarily agree with traffic cams, or red light cams, it enhances my "paranoid delusional" feeling of big brother watching me. Not only that in court you have "the right to face one's accuser". So I feel that you could subpoena, the traffic light, the pole, the road, the camera, and all hardware/software attached.

mostly true, but if you are towing and some arse swerves into your lane in there hot sports car with all wheel cross drilled brakes, you won't be able to stop in the amount of distance they can

now I haven't ever gotten a forced donation from the camera's yet, but I know some day some damn putz will be in front of me going max of about 40 in a 50-55mph area and I won't be able to stop cause I will be stuck in the intersection when the light changes cause I am not moving fast enough, happened to me many times when I wasn't in camera intersections

They don;t issue them for things like that.The pictures show the entire intersection,so when something like that is seen in the pics,a citation isn't issued.

I have one not 2 minutes from my driveway that I go though several times daily.

I couldn't count the number of times I've been caught under it after it turned red.Its also in a school zone which means Ive been caught under it several times cause of the crossing guard.

Never received a citation :clap:

Guest H0TSH0T

i swear if i ever get a ticket from a box and not a cop, i will bag the unit and leave it inoperable. maybe even paint the lens, and take a vandalism ticket also.