"What if" Fail to fire in self defense situation

I can see that being useful with an AR type rifle. The closest I have to that is a M1 carbine. If that mag is not seated it falls right out to begin with.

I was reading the OP as a handgun situation and I did not understand how to tap a mag in a handgun.

Maybe, maybe not. That's why Tap, Rack, BANG.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have an insurance bond that will cover your intentional act? I'd like to see that. Not being a smart ass by any means, but it has long been a held belief by many, especially here in TN, that there is no bond or insurance that will cover you in a self-defense shooting.

NRA has optional insurance available for this situation.

If a person involved in a self defense shooting were to file a suit against the BG and family first,wouldnt the BG and or family have to hire a defense council? Or would it be the State against the shooter.

If a person involved in a self defense shooting were to file a suit against the BG and family first,wouldnt the BG and or family have to hire a defense council? Or would it be the State against the shooter.

I think you are mixing two different things. Criminal Charges and a civil lawsuit.

The state will only be involved in any criminal charges filed against someone. It could be the shooter and/or the person shot depending on what crimes the DA thinks either or both of them may have committed.

As far as a civil lawsuit....anyone can sue anyone else for just about anything. But that would be between the private parties, not the state.

As far as the shooter suing the BG and family....for what? Even if a lawyer did take the case, to what benefit? ....you really can't get blood from a turnip.

I think you are mixing two different things. Criminal Charges and a civil lawsuit.

The state will only be involved in any criminal charges filed against someone. It could be the shooter and/or the person shot depending on what crimes the DA thinks either or both of them may have committed.

As far as a civil lawsuit....anyone can sue anyone else for just about anything. But that would be between the private parties, not the state.

As far as the shooter suing the BG and family....for what? Even if a lawyer did take the case, to what benefit? ....you really can't get blood from a turnip.

Just to set a precident that the BG & family are responsible for the shooter's mental anguish resulting from the self defense shooting. I'm about tired of the POS' suing people (and winning) they were victimizing.

Just to set a precident that the BG & family are responsible for the shooter's mental anguish resulting from the self defense shooting. I'm about tired of the POS' suing people (and winning) they were victimizing.

If you can afford it, then that's fine I guess. Because your lawyer is not going to work for free. Also you will see very little, if any, money from them.

Just to note...I don't like seeing lowlifes winning frivolous lawsuits either.

All of this is main reason I switched from Colt Commander to S&W revolver. Drill is simple, squeeze trigger again.

Before somebody goes into a tirade about revolvers jamming: You have as good if not better chance that something is going to hang up during your Tap,Rack, Bang drill. Don't tell me it doesn't happen, I fired on pistol teams with the USMC for 20+ years and seen it happen. No gun is perfect but the odds are with me that with my revolver I am going to get another shot before BG knocks me down.

I second the advice above about checking your ammo. I run a pretty complete quality assurance check on all of my carry ammo. (Weigh, measure and visually inspect.)