Plesant Traffic Stop Experience

SO I was returning from vacation yesterday and was almost home..driving on Briley and was unwittingly speeding...when in my rear view mirror did appear the blue lights of financial expense. It was one of Metro's finest, and I resigned myself to paying for my inattention with a nice fine. The officer politel asked me where I was going in such a hurry. I replied that I was going home form vacation and wasnt in ahurry, just inattentive. He asked for my DL and I handed it to him and also informed him that I had a carry permit (I hadnt decided to that point if I would so inform if stopped, it was a spur of the moment decision). He replied thats good, everyone should have one! He asked a couple more questions and sent me on my way with a warning. Needless to say I was pleased, but to be honest, I was as pleased with his pleasantness as with not getting a ticket! He was professional and friendly, not just polite. I can't help but wonder if my HCP contributed to not getting a ticket...probably not, but still I wonder...

Edited by barewoolf
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's great to hear good stories about our Police! I've seen many say that they believe that the HCP was the reason that tickets are not issued. Fortunately I haven't had the chance to see if it makes a difference. I hope that I never do. I'm happy to hear you had a good experience and thanks for sharing.

I get daily reports from my councilman about the activities of the South Precinct and part of that is a list of traffic stops. They don't include who was stopped but they list how many tickets are written. They also include the number of warnings and I was very surprised how many warnings are issued each day. It convinced me that there is no quota.

Guest canynracer
SO I was returning from vacation yesterday and was almost home..driving on Briley and was unwittingly speeding...when in my rear view mirror did appear the blue lights of financial expense. It was one of Metro's finest, and I resugned myself to paying for my inattention with a nice fine. The officer politel asked me where I was going in such a hurry. I replied that I was going home form vacation and wasnt in ahurry, just inattentive. He asked for my DL and I handed it to him and also informed him that I had a carry permit (I hadnt decided to that point if I would so inform if stopped, it was a spur of the moment decision). He replied thats good, everyone should have one! He asked a couple more questions and sent me on my way with a warning. Needless to say I was pleased, but to be honest, I was as pleased with his pleasantness as with not getting a ticket! He was professional and friendly, not just polite. I can't help but wonder if my HCP contributed to not getting a ticket...probably not, but still I wonder...
ummm...arent YOU a cop?

Sounds like a very professional guy.

Had a trooper stop me several years ago when I was still pretty young. Gave me a ticket...but he was still so courteous and professional about offered to buy him lunch.

...of course needed the money to pay for the ticket instead...lol ;)

Guest Whiskers

I was pulled over many years ago for a tail light being out. When the officer came to the window, I pulled out my DL and handed it to him. I saw a perplexed look on his face and then I noticed that my "emergency" stash, a folded $100 bill was stuck to the back of the license! I said, "OH NO, THAT's NOT FOR YOU, I was hiding it from my wife. Well, the officer chuckled and gave me a verbal warning about the tail light. As he handed my license back, my wife reached and got the bill. Taught me a lesson........ Over all, a good experience.