First one of the season

Guest Rem_700

Guest Rem_700

This guy came out to my left at 30 yds,then feed towards me until he was 10yds from me..Then turned like he was gonna leave but kept feeding on acorns,gave me a good quartering to shot at 19 yds and I felt confident in it, and I let her fly! When the arrow hit,he let out a big bellow,and I knew it was a lung hit,he turned to run and couln't get his front legs under him,he bulldozed for about 30 yds falling over..Stoped for a sec,and went about another 10 yds and piled up...All with in sight of my stand..Im pumped.And I knew he was a button buck,so no shame here..I thought he was pretty big to be just a button..The stand probably makes him look small,its a summit titan, a good bit bigger than the viper...He was definatly not this years deer, he was too big, to be this years,I didn't get a chance to wiegh him,but he sure gave me a run for my money dragging him out! lol

After having the season I started with, loseing 2 deer back to back,I was just about ready to give it up. But some people talked it me out of it,some of you guys here and on another forum.. I was more than happy to put some meat in the freezer!! Gotta thank the good lord above for allowing me to harvest this animal!

HPIM2224.jpg

HPIM2226.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest clutepc

Glad to hear you gave it another try!! Nice Job!!..

I have that same bow, wouldn't trade anything for it!

Always nice to hear about a hunt that ends with meat in the freezer.

Guest Rem_700

I really like the bow also,it was my first one,and couldn't be more happy with it..Even though it says redhead on it,it is really a bowtech diamond..