The definitive "THE CALL" thread... (HCP)

Guest (BH)

Ok so I hear a bunch of talk about the "the call". You know, the call that drastically speeds up your wait for your HCP in the mail After a bit of searching, I have a pretty good grasp on the concept, but there is no real thread (that I could find) with a full on explanation. I figured for people searching in the future (and myself), we could do a thread dedicated to people who do a search looking for the following:

1. What exactly is "the call"?

2. How does it work?

3. Who do I call?

4. What do I say?

5. How long do I wait before calling?

6. Personal experiences with "the call"?

7. Any other tips one should know before making "the call"?

I just got fingerprinted today, and will be making this magic phone call. The wait has just begun, and any info on how to speed it up would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by (BH)
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should wait 30-45 days before calling. You have to give them a chance to process it. You just got fingerprinted? Jeez, man, be patient! The number in Nashville is 615-251-8590; don't know if it would be the same for you. You talk to whomever answers the phone; be polite and courteous. They can speed your process... or put you to the back of the line. Depends on how you present yourself.

dont wait. call after about 2-3 weeks.

go to the hcp website, it is linked to the Drivers license site. there is a number to call for the status of your hcp.

I just called and asked about the status of my HCP and gave her my info and she said "it is ready to be issued, it should arrive in the mail in 7-10 days." i told her thank you and hung up.

The call works wonders. I got my permit in about 5 weeks from application date.

You guys need to learn some patience! The State has 90 days to issue your credentials. If you start bothering them after a few weeks you'll get the same response everyone else gets...it's in the mail. Apparently that means 10-14 day or 5 weeks.

Took me 88 days just over a year ago.

This is state government you're dealing with. The system works...it just takes a while.

Guest bornunderpunches

I made the call about a month after I was fingerprinted and got my HCP within a week.

Away from his arms in the open field

A man should fare not a foot;

For never he knows when the need for a spear

Shall arise on the distant road.

Havamal 38

I called about 45-50 days after I went to the DMV. I was told "it's approved, and will be mailed. You'll get it in 7-14 days." I got it 6-7 days later. If for some reason yours doesn't get processed sooner than later, a polite call WILL get get yours moved to the top of the stack. FWIW, the start date on my permit is the same date I made the call.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's been three weeks, so I called about my HCP. I got some woman who didn't sound as if she was in a good mood. She told me I can expect mine around the first of the year :D . Oh well, I assume that's not concrete.

So far, no luck. I didn't expect much. After all, it has only been three weeks.

I recently renewed my permit, and it took quite a while longer than I see people on here getting initial permits, so I called and talked a nice lady there who told me that the initial HCPs were pretty fast, but that the renewals were WAY behind...she couldnt tell me why, but she said they arent allowed to do anything until it had been in their system for at least 45 days. She told me that if the B/G check wasn't ran in that time, THEN they could go in and manually run it. She told me to wait until after that 45 days had passed and if I still hadnt heard anything, to call back. I waited until the 46-47 day point and called, and the lady ran my number and said no nothithings back yet, let me manually get it dione, and then said I would have it in a couple weeks. I got it the NEXT week. I KNOW those folks are understaffed and overworked and I think they do an amazing job considering that.