Some more info about the Second Or None event!

• Administrator

I had a great meeting with the event team yesterday and this thing is shaping up to be HUGE. We're all very excited about it. :D

I do have some more information that might be timely to share...

Activities:

• Inflatable jumpers and such for the kids

• Petting zoo

• Face painting

• Rutherford Co. Sheriff's Office will be doing child Identi-Kits

• Rock climbing wall courtesy of the National Guard

• Barrett original prototype rifles will be on display!

• Guest speakers throughout the event, including: Ronnie Barrett, Tennessee Senator Doug Jackson, US Congressman Zach Wamp, US Congressman Lincoln Davis, Tennessee Representative Judd Matheny, radio personalities Steve Gil, Phil Valentine and Ralph Bristol, as well as event organizers Chris Barrett and yours truly, and special guest Nikki Goeser.

All of this will be centered around a 60' x 40' tent, so we will be ready to go rain or shine!

Freshly smoked BBQ plate lunches will be available as well for the nominal charge of just $5.00 which goes towards a donation being presented to the Rutherford County Junior ROTC program.

If it's raining, a shuttle bus will be provided to get you from the parking areas to the event tent.

Of course, attendance is free of charge!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

Dag-gum David, hats off for this event. I knew this was going to be a big event, but dayum!

I really hate that I'm going to miss this. I bought a TGO shirt at HG and everything....I will represent at Bama's Homecoming though.

Seriously though, great job to you and everyone involved. Can't wait for the pictures.

• Administrator
Where will the parking areas be?

I plan on attending the event with at least a handful of other folks. Most of us will be riding motorcycles.

You will be directed where to park upon arrival. There are several parking areas, but traffic control will be done by the Sheriff's Dept and cadets with the local JROTC.

When you heading out TDR? PM me if you want a fellow rider

I had already committed to be present at the Operation: Can you hear us now? event in downtown, so I will be leaving that even early (1:00 pm) to head over to the Second or None event.

Not an ideal situation, but I'd like to show support for both groups.

• Administrator
I had already committed to be present at the Operation: Can you hear us now? event in downtown, so I will be leaving that even early (1:00 pm) to head over to the Second or None event.

Not an ideal situation, but I'd like to show support for both groups.

You're very likely going to miss most of what is important at tomorrow's event if you leave Nashville at 1pm.

• Administrator
Is there a schedule of who is speaking when? We may not want to stand around for the full 4 hours.

Mike, I really wish I had that schedule but I don't. It was still a "working document" as of earlier today and I may not be able to get a copy of it myself until tomorrow morning.

If I can, I will post it as soon as I see it. :lol:

• Administrator

Mike, I just got off of the phone with one of my fellow event team organizers and it sounds as though the majority of the speaking engagements will occur between 11:30 - 1:30 with other activities flowing over beyond that.

In light of a formal schedule of who is speaking when, I hope this helps you better plan your day.

• Administrator
How early can we begin arriving?

What happened to Ron Ramsey? I thought that he was going to be there.

The event starts at 11am but The Outpost will be keeping their normal hours tomorrow, so I'm sure they would welcome you there if you show up earlier than 11.

As for Lt. Governor Ramsey, I am not sure if he will or will not be attending. Unfortunately there is some inherent fluidity in organizing an event like this when the State House and Senate are out of session and so many politicians are back in their home districts.

In fact, Senator Jackson is making an extra special effort to be with us tomorrow even though he has to another appointment earlier in the morning.

will there be a designated place for TGO members to meet up?

This thing is going to be awesome.

Yes, stop by at the TGO tent and pick up a TGO name badge! Feel free to hang around and socialize and look for other TGO members sporting badges as well. :cool:

Guest Gun Geek

Hey sounds to be shaping up and from the looks of it a lot of people are coming. I am sitting in a hotel in Murfreesboro, all the hotels in town are booked solid, none of the clerks know why everyone is in town. I dont know if it is for this or not but if it is, there is a whole lot of people going to be there.