AK 47 worth the money?

Guest KarlS

I saw an add in the local classified for a Romanian SKS for $350.00 of B/O with two MAGAZINES. It was the magazines that caught my eye so I clicked on the add. It is an AK 47 not an SKS. Around here AK's are non existant. He has never fired it and it's been under his bed for 14 yrs. I think I should buy it but I'm not to familiar with Romanian's. Should I?

Here is a pic.

3399445200910130917041.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I need it like a hole in the head but I'm never one to pass up a good deal. I'll call the guy before it's gone. I wouldn't have paid that for an SKS unless it was an M or a D.

OK Twist my arm. I'm gone........... I called him and set up a meeting time. He said he's had a bunch of calls but I was the first one on it so it's mine! I keep running in to deals and I'll never get my 1911 and too make matters worse I'll need a bigger safe first. Ahh the problems a gun junkie has!!!!

Edited by KarlS

Thank you all for the insight. It is safe in my hands now! Yes a good deal it was. A CAI from 2001 and even has the integral scope mount on the receiver. Hard case, 2 mags, CK, sling, and 100 rounds for $350.00. He never shot it but I'll be checking it out this weekend and compare it to my Hungarian AK. Guess I'm safe on the purchase too. He's a retired cop and brought a cop along with him.

Another cop!?!!? Oh boy,it sounds like a sting! You need to send it to me for safe keeping! I will take greta care of it. I will need to do some testing,of course.

Be sure and send me a case of ammo so's I can wring it out real good.:rock:

Seriously, it sounds like you got a great deal.

Congrats!

Guest Gun Geek
OK Twist my arm. I'm gone........... I called him and set up a meeting time. He said he's had a bunch of calls but I was the first one on it so it's mine! I keep running in to deals and I'll never get my 1911 and too make matters worse I'll need a bigger safe first. Ahh the problems a gun junkie has!!!!

I might be able to help you with the 1911 too. Let me know what you are looking for. I have a buddy that pretty much only sells 1911s.

Huh?

In your first post you said the seller told you it had been under the bed for 14 years.

After you got hold of it, you said it was made in 2001....

?????

Yes That is what the guy told me but you and I know that was impossible with a 2001 serial #. He lied and I got him on it fair and square but wasn't going to pass it up. Good eye!!