Need opinions on this Taurus

jgrauman

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EasilyObsessed

Springfield > Taurus. I have heard tons of horror stories about trying to get Taurus to do any warranty work or get spare parts. On the other hand....Springfield has amazing customer service. Id go for the XD. Have you looked at the M&P 40c?

I have thought about it, but i really want another sub. i love my xd's but thought i'd change it up a little, but have only owned on taurus and it was a revolver. i read some good reviews about the pt145's and thought i'd check em out. thanks for the response

i hear ya, the xd and pt140 are about a half inch shorter. the only thing with the m&p is the price. that's what i like about the taurus, NIB for under $400. hell that's what the xd's used to be. i went and looked at a pt140 and another xd today, they wanted $399 for the pt140 and $505 for the xd. if i was to get another xd i would want a stainless one, and can't find one around here anywhere. might go up to benton's sunday and see what they have, i just dont' like going up there if im not sure about buying something, i hate wasting the gas!

Guest packnheat

I prefer the XD. My dad has a Millennium and a Millennium Pro and also an XD subcompact (all in 9mm). I also have an XD .45. I like the XD safety a lot better. You don't have to flip any safety off, just grab the gun and its ready to shoot. The worst thing about the Taurus is the trigger. The trigger pull is much heavier and not as smooth as the XD. The trigger reset also sucks. You have to let the trigger all the way out for it to reset, where the XD is only about half way out. The XD also has a rail for a tactical light. I do like the shape of the Taurus- its not quite as boxy as the XD, but overall I like the XD a lot better.

Guest looneeetunes

i have a pt145 3rd gen. with about 800 rounds through it now. i love it , it is my carry gun. i shoot pretty tight groups with it. in the first 400 rounds or so it shot a little low (bout a bead) it has pretty well quit that. i think for the price its a great little gun. they come with two clips. i had one that wouldnt feed. sent it back and they replaced it.

Guest Tombstone

I have a Millennium Pro PT 745 .45 cal. I really like it a lot. I really don't notice much more kick than the 1911 that I also have. I am not sure about the one that you are looking into but mine has fixed sights. I don't know if its the way that I am holding the gun or not, but mine shoots consistantly low, right. I read an article about a different taurus, where the author said his did the same thing until he had fired some 1,500 rounds. So I am hoping that mine will do the same.

I have fired about three hundred rounds so far and had no real problems; even fired some cheap stuff with no problems.

Guest nitrous_mike

I am kinda in the same boat as you are but I am looking into 45's . I love my XD 40 SC and know the functions of it 100% so to me I guess it makes me favor the XD a lil more just because I will be more familiar with the feel and function of the gun. I have to say I am nothing but happy with my XD40SC with me getting close to putting 10k rounds threw it and no problems with it I can not complain at all. I guess with that said it is a lil more obvious that I am going to get another XD :) by years end.

Guest EasilyObsessed
I am kinda in the same boat as you are but I am looking into 45's . I love my XD 40 SC and know the functions of it 100% so to me I guess it makes me favor the XD a lil more just because I will be more familiar with the feel and function of the gun. I have to say I am nothing but happy with my XD40SC with me getting close to putting 10k rounds threw it and no problems with it I can not complain at all. I guess with that said it is a lil more obvious that I am going to get another XD :) by years end.

You should try out a M&P 45 before making the decisions on the XD45. After shooting both back to back, the M&P was more accurate, I felt less recoil, and it felt better in my hand. Just my .02

Guest nitrous_mike
You should try out a M&P 45 before making the decisions on the XD45. After shooting both back to back, the M&P was more accurate, I felt less recoil, and it felt better in my hand. Just my .02

If I could I would but as far as I know there is no place in Jackson where you can "test driver" guns.