RK Gun Show this weekend (10/10-10/11) - Franklin

Guest JHatmaker

Guest JHatmaker

Don't forget, if you were interested in attending an RK show, the last one of 2009 is this weekend in Franklin at the Williamson County Agricultural Center. For those not familiar with the area, it's just off I-65 at the Peytonsville Rd. exit (Exit 61). Coming down 65 South, turn left at the exit. Coming 65 North, turn right at the exit. Can't miss it.

Can't wait to check out the latest dreamcatchers and beef jerky varieties. Heard they may have some guns there too.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

The RK show is actually a little better that the Fairground show in my opinion. A lot more vendors there, but sometimes that means more sword tables...

I'll probably check it out, you never know what you'll find there.

Typically, they charge $7-10 to get in.

IMHO the gun shows in the area (Bill Goodman, RK, Great American) have been weak, even during the big election gun rush. (Went to Nashville, Lebanon, Smyrna, and Williamson Co.)

The show I went to in March in Panama City Beach, FL was supposedly one of the smaller ones for Florida. It was about twice the size of the ones here. Of the 4 local shows I visited, Smyrna was largest, followed by Williamson Co, then Nashville, then Lebanon.

Sadly, there are a lot of non gun sellers... Home made jams and jellies, books, jerky and the like.

The last few times I checked prices, I found the dealers add a $50-150 premium on their guns, compared to their own stores... I think this is in response to the haggling expected at shows, and the additional costs of being at a show. This way the uninformed pay too much, and the semi-informed haggle down to near the standard price... while the fully informed may just wait to by some place else...

Edited by HvyMtl

I went today. Not a bad show, but smaller than the last one at the Ag Center. The upper deck vendors only went about half way around. The floor vendors were about half of the lower floor. Lots of AR's at some pretty good prices. Saw one vendor that had DoubleStar AR's out the door for less than $800. He had DS stripped lowers for $99. One dealer had AR kits(less the lower) for about $550.

One vendor with reloading supplies. Lots of powder and bullets, not many primers.

For the Sig guys, saw a couple of the new 380 Sigs.

Lots of talk about the Bloomberg tapes. Some of the true private sales guys(5-10 guns on table), were saying how the guys with 100 new guns on their tables couldn't be private sale and maybe ought to be busted.

All in all not bad. Had some really good jerkey and kettle corn.

Mike