XD subcompact 9 vs. Glock G26

jess01999

First off I want it to be known that I am not a die-hard brand specific guy. I just wanted to share some results of a shootout me and a buddy had the other day. I have an XD and my buddy shoots the ole trusty G26 (both new) of which I would both recommend. We shot each others gun with his reloads and my factory ammo. The results were basically identical at 7 yards but when we rolled the paper out to 15 yards the XD won hands down. The pattern was better and with both shot several 5 round clips and the results never changed. I found this hard to believe since the XD has a 3" barrel and the Glock is 3.46" in length. This is just for FYI purposes and not intended to ruffle Glock owner feathers. I have owned several Glocks and will in the future. I just don't understand why the XD holds such better patterns at 15 yards.........anybody know??

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... I just don't understand why the XD holds such better patterns at 15 yards.........anybody know??

Unlike the Austrians, the Croats incorporate MBGHD* into the barrel rifling.

* Magic Bad Guy Homing Dust

Really. No kidding.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

Tighter barrel to slide lockup, less frame flexing, and better sights. The hexegonal rifling of the Glock doesn't help either... Besides, even though the barrel is shorter, the sight radius on both guns is the same, so practical accuracy really should be the same, if the precision of both guns' tolerances were equal. And also, even though many prefer the Glock's trigger reset, the XD having a more consistent and crisp pull becomes evident in actual shooting accuracy, I know I have noticed it... The Glock is easier to shoot quickly, however, for the same reason. The Glock is 'trigger mashing' friendly.

I was told by many people in law enforcement to feed 200 rounds through a new gun and never be concerned with acccuracy until then. With several glocks I have seen groups tighten up after 200 rounds. You also don't want to shoot bare lead rounds (unjacketed) through a glock. This will affect accuracy and the manuals also say not to do this.

Sounds like you guys may just shoot the xd a little better right now... even though they should both group just about the same. I guess if you want to split hairs the glock should be slightly more accurate do to the longer barrel and hexagonal rifling.

I'd say it could be that the glock's grip angle is steeper and less traditional than the xd's... that and maybe a difference in the triggers, both glocks and xd's have triggers that vary widely, maybe the xd came with a better one out of the box (with the glock improving the trigger it was born with is easy, not so with xd...).

XD 9 SC is my EDC; one reason I chose it was that it points somewhat better for me than G26 and I figure point shooting is most likely response in quick SD crisis.

Put using the sights, I seem to shoot both guns equally well.

Actually, to be fair, equally poorly. ;)

- OS

UPDATE--Shot tonight and it is no fluke............the XD only proved to be more accurate at 7 yards this time..........my buddy did not want to shoot at 15 yards. Between out 2 guns the XD outperforms. Sub-compact was even grouping almost as good as my XDM at 7 yards. I have to say that I am very impressed............Springfield shoot give me money or something for advertisement.....hahaha

UPDATE--Shot tonight and it is no fluke............the XD only proved to be more accurate at 7 yards this time..........my buddy did not want to shoot at 15 yards. Between out 2 guns the XD outperforms. Sub-compact was even grouping almost as good as my XDM at 7 yards. I have to say that I am very impressed............Springfield shoot give me money or something for advertisement.....hahaha

You proved nothing except that you can shoot an XD at 7yrds better than your buddy. Want to try me and my G26?? We can start off at 20yrds if your up to it. Neither the XD nor the Glock is better than the other. It's just the people that shoot them. If you keep practicing and put thousands of rounds throough your XD, you will get better at distance and accuracy.

Most of the guns today are more accurate then the people shooting them. That's a fact.

Guest grimel
You proved nothing except that you can shoot an XD at 7yrds better than your buddy. Want to try me and my G26?? We can start off at 20yrds if your up to it. Neither the XD nor the Glock is better than the other. It's just the people that shoot them. If you keep practicing and put thousands of rounds throough your XD, you will get better at distance and accuracy.

Most of the guns today are more accurate then the people shooting them. That's a fact.

Actually, what he proved was HIS XD is more accurate than his BUDDY'S G26 with THAT ammo.

Actually, what he proved was HIS XD is more accurate than his BUDDY'S G26 with THAT ammo.

That's what I said without saying it properly....;)

Still though, it seems like the OP was stating it was the XD/Glock not the person shooting that made the results happen. ;)

Edited by kwe45919

;) Sorry to seem bias towards the XD but I can say that I am a very much a Glock fan. I just didn't get why the XD grouped better. Let me say again we both shot each others gun several times with the same ammo in each and he was able to group better with mine as well........heck his may have been produced on a late Friday afternoon or something. You can't go wrong buying either gun.............Mine is new as I say so let me get some more rounds down the pipe and we can get together at CCA and try them out at even 25 yards, if you want ;)

I would dare say that the XD points and shoots more naturally for the both of you than the Glock. I can shoot an XD pretty good but am better with my Glock as I have practiced and carried it for almost a year now along with it seeming to be a natural fit for me. Of course anyone can learn to shoot any weapon accuratly with a little time and perhaps a few secerets shared here and there....

I would dare say that the XD points and shoots more naturally for the both of you than the Glock. I can shoot an XD pretty good but am better with my Glock as I have practiced and carried it for almost a year now along with it seeming to be a natural fit for me. Of course anyone can learn to shoot any weapon accuratly with a little time and perhaps a few secerets shared here and there....

I would agree with you and I would have to say you. Both are excellant and I would take either one if my life depended on it. I just can't get over how well they shoot for subcompacts.

Guest hi im drummer03

Both guns are indeed great models. Either one of them would be great guns for CCW.

XD-Pros: Sub has tactical rail,few additional external safties,Lifetime Warranty,also extended mag in box,(although it makes gun same length as standard model),Few more goodies in the box

Cons: More safeties to engage,new design than Glock(track record)

Glock-Pros: Name,durability,combat ready,many parts available,interchangable between same caliber models,non rusting coating,Forward canted grip for beginners which glock says it easier for them to point and aim

Cons: Not as many safeties for newer gun owners,big for smaller hands,no

tactical rail,no mag extension from factory

Both guns are indeed great models. Either one of them would be great guns for CCW.

XD-Pros: Sub has tactical rail,few additional external safties,Lifetime Warranty,also extended mag in box,(although it makes gun same length as standard model),Few more goodies in the box

Cons: More safeties to engage,new design than Glock(track record)

Glock-Pros: Name,durability,combat ready,many parts available,interchangable between same caliber models,non rusting coating,Forward canted grip for beginners which glock says it easier for them to point and aim

Cons: Not as many safeties for newer gun owners,big for smaller hands,no

tactical rail,no mag extension from factory

True.......I want a Glock as well.

Guest hi im drummer03

I have had a XD9SC and i currently have the Glock27. IMHO i like the Glock subs better...

XD subcaompacts have a tactical rail too...

Edited by hi im drummer03