Akuna Brass Catcher

Well - I ordered an Akuna brass catcher last week and it arrived today! I am pleased with the workmanship.. its fits my MillPro .45 very well, and I'm sure any gun with a rail or weaver mount would work well. I just got tired of picking up my brass, ya know? Especially if the ground is wet or others are waiting to shoot. This thing is feather-light and doesn't obstruct the sight picture. Should make things very convenient.

Sherwood (the builder) was very communicative and was able to make the Catcher to suit my gun. I took some pics of it installed... I'll try to head out to Owl Hollow tomorrow and give it a spin and report back.

catcher001.jpg

catcher002.jpg

catcher013b.jpg

catcher003.jpg

catcher007b.jpg

catcher010.jpg

Here is a video it at work (not my gun)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's really neat. But $60.00?????????

You find one that is as versatile any cheaper! :koolaid:

I like to shoot many difrerent ways; Prone, from a bench, different distances.. didnt like the butterfly net idea or have to stand near a larger catcher. My brass ejects at different angles, and this one covers them all. Plus it should travel well and work in almost any shooting circumstance. I also like knowing I am contributing to an American artisan

success! Took it out to owl hollow today.. works like a charm! popped of 10 or 15 rounds.. the all went in the corral like sheep. The bottom of the basket slips off.. pour out the shells, slip it back on - new mag and im blasting again.

Great weather to shoot outdoors today!

Guest tnvolfan

That is really nice -- I think we'll be seeing a lot more of those with the shortage of ammo and all. I take it you reload -- where did you buy your brass catcher??