bianchi 120 covert opinions

Anybody have imput or experience with the bianchi 120 covert holster I'm looking at one for S&W 640 J frame. looks to be a good middle priced holster. I don't want to spend the big $ because it will be an ocasional winter rotation. Thanks for any Imput

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

www.akjconcealco.com makes a similiar one that looks pretty good that offers some options there is a a little bit of a wait. I did a search most were good.

Wrong URL, FYI...

I've always thought their stuff looks pretty serviceable, assuming you get a model with bodyguard.. their cut rate one without it that they've sold on eBay would be a no go for anyone who carries without an undershirt, especially in the summer, seems to me.

- OS

Don't know where I missed on url I just did search on akjconcealco. I didn't specify bodyguard. So I guess it won't have one. I wasn't thinking and in to big of hurry. There online catalog is kinda of vague. but still my fault for not paying attention to detail. I wanted for winter carry anyway and I do wear undershirt.I use kramer pocket carry in summer. I didn't see any on ebay. The deciding factor was I wanted black and really didn't care for the suede insert. Would a 640 be that bad without one? No hammer and not much to stick out.

...Would a 640 be that bad without one? No hammer and not much to stick out.

Sorry, didn't catch that is was for revolver...no, probably won't matter nearly as much as for a semi-auto, looks like very little of body of gun before grip touches one's side. Especially with no exposed hammer.

iwb_rev_use.jpg

- OS

Yeah OS, i meant the straps on the one I ordered. It never dawned on me that putting straps on the widest part of the holster was the worst place until you brought it to my attention. I recently bought a IWB with metal clip won't go that route again I'm sure there are good ones I just don't care for it. Unfortunately I'm made several unwise holster decisions.

Yeah OS, i meant the straps on the one I ordered. It never dawned on me that putting straps on the widest part of the holster was the worst place until you brought it to my attention. I recently bought a IWB with metal clip won't go that route again I'm sure there are good ones I just don't care for it. Unfortunately I'm made several unwise holster decisions.

Yeah, I understood what you meant. Metal or kydex clips can work fine depending on style of clips and if they are off central part of holster...lots of good makers use them, like Bullard..but I admit I like leather loops more, and for that one reason alone I tried a new TT Gunleather IWB, which I love. I need to do a review of that.

That one you have coming looks very serviceable to me...that front strap location caught my eye when I first saw one of these online a couple of years ago...I see he has improved upon it, and worst case I see you can get inexpensive replacement if necessary. I do like the idea of the front loop needing no extra leather area to hold it, while the back loop is attached to flat extension area for stability. I think it'll be a keeper.

iwb_rev.jpg

- OS

Guest truthsayer

We all make poor holster decisions. I have a box full of holsters that I probably won't ever use again. The Bullard, Crossbreed Supertuck, Raven Phantom, and Kholster do seem to be the most universally liked of all the IWB holsters for all the reasons OhShoot stated. The loops are away from the bulkiest parts and provide both good stability and retention.