Gotta tell you this one.

Guest Fenris

Guest Fenris

I teach at a private school in Nashville. Today, my 4-year old daughter was with me after school because mom had to run some errands. As we were leaving some of the students were oohing and ahing over her and they started talking to her about animals.

The dialogue went like this:

Student: What are you going to be for halloween?

Daughter: A....bunny rabbit.

S:I have a bunny rabbit at home.

D: Do you keep him in a cage?

S: Yes.

D: Is it a baby bunny or a grown up bunny?

S: A grown up bunny.

D: Oh, it's ready to eat then. We leave baby bunnies alone, but when I get bigger, I'm going to shoot and eat a grown up bunny just like my dad.

The students were shocked and I was proud.

I think she might be ready for a squirrel hunting expedition with me this winter.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TurboniumOxide

The large sparse framework of reality. Learn it.

Now I am wanting grilled rabbit.

Isn't it interesting that it dawns on you that there are some people that have just moved into your house? Grown there like mold, under the radar. Suddenly, one day, they are going though your pants for change. God Love Em.

Guest Muttling

LOL

I teach at a very rural high school. Vegetarians are few and far between. Most are already swapping venison recipes and in a couple of weeks, students will be bringing me jerky.

Guest GunTroll

Cool! My little guy (two years old) makes boom sounds at the deer and turkeys when we watch the hunting shows together. Can't wait till the day comes.

Guest Fenris

Well, I do think she's ready to go in the woods. Last week she got some money in the mail from a friend of the family and she bought one of those little toy guns that shoot discs from Wal-Mart. She got home, opened it up, went and got one of her stuffed animal rabbits and started shooting at it.

I was proud.

I hope the sound of a .22 doesn't get to her. Sometimes she doesn't like loud noises. Any tips for introducing kids to gunfire?

Take them outside with you while you shoot your .22. Make sure she has on ear muffs. After a few minutes, offer her a reward (kids love cash) if she out shoots you. OF COURSE she is going to. Make it fun for them and the noise will no longer bother them. All of my little grandkids were intruduced to shootinh in this fashion. Have fun, be safe and make a few shooting games to shoot at. Young children get real bored of things very quickly. Keep your sessions short, interesting and fun. But most of all, don't get frustrated and short tempered with her if the noise does frieghten her at first. Some children need more time than others. Good luck and have fun!

I love it! Makes my heart melt.

My girls are grown up now but they love deer meat.

Enjoy your girls while they are little. They grow up way too fast.

Glad I taught them young. I can't keep deer jerky in the house.

They come home and find it.

My wife has some awsome venison recipes.

I'm a lucky man!

Guest sharpshooter01

That is great!! I was cleaning my pistol the other day and my 2 year old daughter said "that's my gun daddy", I told her one day it will be.