i have a small issue with my kimber

Guest jdavis

Guest jdavis

my kimber stainless II will fire any ammo i put in it, but with the wwb hollow points i have fte on the last two rounds it feeds them in fine but wont eject them it just drops them back into the breech, and it is only with the wwb hollow points and only the last two rounds , what is the deal is it the ammo, mag , or the ejector? (i am stumped, cant figure it out, although it is not realy a big issue as i will not be carrying wwb in it when i need the gun but it still bugs me.) o yea the gun has had about 400 rounds put through it.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

I have 3 Kimbers, and have never had an issue with that particular ammo. Ammo is wierd though, some works good in certain guns; and vice versa.

Clean the gun real well, especially the feed ramp, and see what happens. Could be anything really.

Guest jdavis

i loaded it with wolf, some junk imi ammo, wwb solid, wwb hollow points and the federal hydrashocks i use for carry. it only missed with wwb hollow points and it continued through four different mags the last two rounds only ,i cleaned the gun and noticed a little brass around the ejector and removed it , reloaded it with wwb hillow points this evening and it performed perfect through every mag. it amazes me that it would misfire on the last two rounds only and only with a certain type of ammo can anyone explain that?

My old Kimber Pro Carry II was very picky on ball ammo. Didn't like WWB or REM from WallyWorld along with most other ball 9mm out there. However, it ate the crap out of CCI Blazer Brass, Wolf, Lawman and Sellier and Bellot like it was candy. Some issues were FTF and some for FTE. Not sure why. Shot 3 to 4K rounds out of it before I sold her and she worked like a dream.

With HP....didn't matter the brand or grain......it ate'em all with no issues. Never fugured it out.

It's like cars and gas stations......some cars run better on a certain brand or octain gas than others....guns are that way with ammo:shrug:

I've got a satin nickle Colt combat commander from 1974 that I recently purchased and updated. I had a gunsmith throat and polish the barrel, add an extended ejector and tune it, adjusted the extractor, and added a full-length guide rod. All in all, it is operating great. I have put about 200 rounds through it since I had the work done, and the only problem I had was with one round of WWB Hollow Points. I tried cheap stuff (Blazer w/ aluminum casings), Remington UMC, Remington Golden Saber, Winchester PDX1, etc., etc., but the WWB Hollow Point hung up for some reason. I am going to chalk it up to that ammo and avoid it in the future. Later, B

Guest grimel
i loaded it with wolf, some junk imi ammo, wwb solid, wwb hollow points and the federal hydrashocks i use for carry. it only missed with wwb hollow points and it continued through four different mags the last two rounds only ,i cleaned the gun and noticed a little brass around the ejector and removed it , reloaded it with wwb hillow points this evening and it performed perfect through every mag. it amazes me that it would misfire on the last two rounds only and only with a certain type of ammo can anyone explain that?

Extractor tension and thin rims. That run of WWB is probably at min spec for rim thickness and your extractor is probably at min tension. Weirder combinations have happened. I had an XD45 that wouldn't feed a magazine of Speer Gold Dot +P 230gr for love or money.