Laptop Shutdown Issue

Guest db99wj

Guest db99wj

As the title says, when I go to shutdown my lap top at the end of the day, or even after being on for an hour, it takes forever to Sync with the server, and shutdown. I have to manually push the power button to force it to sync, then it will go to the blue screen to turn off but sticks, it will turn off in 5- 10 minutes, whereas before, It took less than a minute to shutdown. So what I end up doing is pushing the power button again and shutting down that way. It is like something is hanging up and not letting it shutdown.

Anyway, I ran the malwarebytes program and it found these two little items.

Registry Keys Infected:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\gaopdxserv.sys (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\net (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully

I deleted them. What were they?

Any ideas on my shutdown issues?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a google redirect virus. You need to kill it asap

Google/Yahoo/MSN searches redirect is a result of gaopdxserv.sys trojan activity (variant of TDSSserv trojan family). The trojan horse may represent security risk for the infected computer and uses rootkit-specific techniques designed to hide the software presence in the system.

Once infected, gaopdxserv.sys trojan blocks user access to security websites, search results in Google, Yahoo, MSN and other redirect you to non related sites. Vimax pills banner ads are popping up on some sites, include security sites. Also the trojan spreads by copying itself to all removable drives as %DriveLetter%\resycler\[random].com, after that the trojan creates %DriveLetter%\autorun.inf file on all removable drives so that it executes whenever the drive is accessed.

Guest db99wj

Well those don't sound like they are very nice. Deleted and done with malwarebytes. My daily AVG (company virus crap) didn't and hasn't found them. :D

My closing issue, i'm beginning to think that is some of my current software that is hanging up, had some issues with MS Outlook. Might reinstall that and see. I will get lock up sometimes when I have Outlook, excel and import information from a company database via IE. Will lock up my excel and my outlook will crash on me.