Putting down your best friend.

Guest GunTroll

Guest GunTroll

Man what a rough day for me. I had to put down my 13 1/2 year old best friend. Got him when I was 17-18. He's traveled all over this continent with me. He left mommas house with me. When all my high school buddies backed out of traveling around the country and moving away from home, he came. Today is a new chapter in my life. Without my buddy. I know it was the right thing to do due to him not being able to walk anymore. He stopped eating two days ago. Peeing on himself the last two days. I should have acted sooner but until Friday of last week I just couldn't face the facts.

Thanks Nanok!

S6002272.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost my best friend in May of 06, when I get called up his ashes are to be placed in my right hand as in life he was my right hand man. A lot of people dont get the attachment that a man can feel for his dog but the almighty granted me this blessing. I am sorry for your loss.

My condolences on your loss. In July 08 I had to put my dog down. She was 15.5 years old and while it sucked it was the best for her.

I did cry like a baby and swore I'd never get another pooch.

It took a year but we adopted a mutt from the pound. Dogs are cool and life is better with one.

I hope your grief is assuaged quickly.

Sorry you lost your friend. Dogs just don't live long enough.

I haven't had one in years because I don't have a place where it wouldn't have to be caged or kept on a leash and confining a pet is not fair to the animal. I still remember the last one I had. He used to sleep in front of the basement door and when I would come in at night and it was dark I would hear the chain on his collar rattle before I ever saw him. There were times after he was gone that I still though I heard the rattle.

My condolences.

Dogs truly are man's best friend.

There's two kinds of people on this planet. Dog owners, and those who are missing out.

Losing a canine friend never gets easier...

Find happiness in knowing your friend no longer feels any pain, and keep him alive in the 13-1/2 yrs of fond memories.

Guest mustangdave

Man...I teared up reading this thread...but you know what, your "buddy" wouldn't want you to be alone. He'd want you to find another "fur-kid"...so after a suitable period of mourning...hit the local shelters. Find that ONE that looks you square in the eye and says..."YO...take me home...huh?...whadah ya say?" Of course ONLY you will hear him talking to ya. But the tail wag will be a dead give away that you got a new buddy.

I told my wife to come look at the pooch. She came and read the text first. I'm in trouble! She got teary because it certainly looks like this GORGEOUS animal is feeling bad. I have a beautiful Maine Coon with truckloads of personality, but he can't compare to the loyalty of a canine. I hope you can find his son to fill your heart.

Man, really sorry for your losing your friend. I have been there also. I have had to do this twice and like the other posters said I could not go throught it again.

It was almost 2 years and my wife found me a blue healer pup that needed to be adopted. I was at work and she sent me a e-mail with a pic of the dog. That was a year and a half ago and me and the dog are great friends now.

I still remember both my other dogs and sometimes I also will call the dog by one of my other friends names.

Again, sorry for your loss.

h2o