Watch WATE-TV6 for coverage on guns allowed in Knox County Parks

Guest tnvolfan

Guest tnvolfan

Yes, it's true! I'm so happy that our county commissioners have got some common sense working for them! It really WOULD BE a good idea to thank the commissioners who did vote to allow this. There was a good crowd there today, even though the meeting started at 2pm. The Second Amendment was mentioned numerous times, but others who spoke had good reasons as well. However, the main argument against gun carrying in the parks was concern that people would shoot their guns off during heated moments that were the result of "recreational team" games, (not school-sponsored events, since the park becomes an extention of school property then, and you can't carry a gun on school grounds). The liberals have done a really good job indoctrinating people with the idea that we can't control our tempers and emotions at sporting events, and that we'll lose control and shoot our guns off at officials, umps, and opposing team members and fans. No joke, this was the major concern. There is also concern about children might be hurt by guns accidentally discharging in a crowd, etc. There must be something magical that makes all these guns go off that would cause such concern!:) Anyway, it passed. Constitution: 1 ; Criminals: 0

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NICE

At least there is some decent people in the world with common sense still.

If someone is going to shoot up a sporting event or whatever there going to do it no matter if the park is posted or not.

A CC holder will probably stop it before the police have time to even be notified.

Great!! Now when does it take effect.

It's been legal in Knox County parks since Sept 1st. Heck, I went and played Frisbee Golf in west knox Sunday afternoon. Now that's a park you need to carry a gun in! The high school student from my church that I went to play with said that when he saw the gun on my side he was very happy because there tends to be a very rough crowd that hangs out there (if the amount of beer caps on the ground is a sign of anything!)

Matthew