My next gun!

Smith

While I couldn't be more happy with the new CZ P07, I've always said if the FNP had a manual safety it would be an ideal carry gun (for me). Well, low and behold I discover somehow that I have missed the release of the FNP-9 USG! IMHO, the two tone is one of the most attractive guns around!:2cents:

FNM0003mb.png

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will. I can say that I had one of the regular DA/SA and it was a great gun. It had by far the best DA trigger I had used and an excellent SA. That being said I just have never warmed to any DA. Cocked and locked is the only way to go.

I really like the ergos of the FN but the safety/decocking lever on the ones that I've held seems a little flimsy. Be sure to give us a range report!

Yeah, the first one I had the decokcker did seem rather flimsy. I'm told over on the FN forum that it is being corrected to make them more streamlined. Along the lines of the .45 USG. My only other complaint was the rather large base pad on the mags.

Guest JHatmaker

Well how do you like that....I ended up getting one of these today. Two Tone (OD Green). Kept going back and forth b/t this and a G19 in the same color pattern, but I'd been wanting one of these for a while. Love the feel of it. Can't wait to try it out.

Well how do you like that....I ended up getting one of these today. Two Tone (OD Green). Kept going back and forth b/t this and a G19 in the same color pattern, but I'd been wanting one of these for a while. Love the feel of it. Can't wait to try it out.

didn't know they had an OD green framed FN. congrats

Guest nascar22

I've had the SS USG model for about 4 months now. It has never had a malfunction of any kind in the appox 1000 rounds I've put through it. WWB, Federal, AE, Rem UMC, etc..

The safety/decocker seems very sturdy to me. I changed the back strap to the smaller one that came with it and it fits my hand much better. I really like the ergonomics of this gun and it points very naturally for me.

I got this gun for the nightstand although I did snag the FN Shooters Pack off of Gunbroker a while back. It comes with a great OWB Holster made by Blade-Tech.

I just ordered 200 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense to try. If it eats that with no problem then I'll be set.

This really seems like a high quality gun. The kind you keep for years and pass down.

Guest JHatmaker
didn't know they had an OD green framed FN. congrats

You know, I don't know why I called it OD Green, I had a brain fart. :D It's the tan version. I'll post some pics later today.

Guest nascar22

Very nice indeed! Now I wish I would have waited on that color combo. Very sharp.

Can speak about the light/laser combo? In the market but have not done any research yet.

Guest JHatmaker
Can speak about the light/laser combo? In the market but have not done any research yet.

It's a StreamLight TLR-2 laser/LED light combo. Really like it, all metal, pops on easily. I think it compares well against SureFire's attachable lights. I'm a huge SureFire fan but their's was slightly more expensive. Picked this one up at Hero-Gear.

That is sure nice.

Thank you sir, I owe you the credit for getting it. This had been on my list for some time, but kinda got moved to the back. I saw your post and was at a store shipping another firearm and this was in the case. After going back and worth against the G19 I made up my mind.

Edited by JHatmaker
Guest jps37033
So, what's the typical shop price on one of these bad boys?

I am studying one of these hard. I love it for the backstrap option because of smaller hands. I have price shopped this thing for 1 year. You can get one had for around $500 with shipping on gunbroker. At local shops in west tn, look at about $550. I really liked it, but had questions. I cant wait to see some reviews/reports.

Guest JHatmaker

Nate, sorry to hijack this thread somewhat, but I just went to the range and shot the new gun. It has to be hands down one of the nicest shooting 9mm's I've ever fired. Such a smooth action, accuarate as expected, shot 100 rounds no FTFs, etc.

The only complaint I have, and it's not a big deal, is trying to release the slide lock one handed with my thumb. The de-cocker seems to get in the way a bit. Other than that it's parrfection!

Great gun, very pleased with the purchase.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest buddysattva

Had one, sold it. Overall very nice gun... but one thing I noticed was that in hot weather, the plastic parts would expand ever so slightly (as all things do) not enough to actually notice... except when I pulled the trigger clear back to the rear wall of the trigger guard. No bang, no hammer drop, I squoze for all i was worth and the weapon would not discharge. I filed down the little nub on the back of the trigger, and that seemed to deal with the problem nicely. For about 2 months. Then same thing again. I could no longer trust it as a carry gun.

There was a tear in my eye as I drove away from selling it, it's a beautiful piece. I just can't have any question in my mind about whether my gun will operate. It's one thing when the hammer falls on a dud... quite another when you can't even get the hammer to fall.

I hope you do NOT run into the same problem.

Had one, sold it. Overall very nice gun... but one thing I noticed was that in hot weather, the plastic parts would expand ever so slightly (as all things do) not enough to actually notice... except when I pulled the trigger clear back to the rear wall of the trigger guard. No bang, no hammer drop, I squoze for all i was worth and the weapon would not discharge. I filed down the little nub on the back of the trigger, and that seemed to deal with the problem nicely. For about 2 months.

You sure that "expanding plastic" was your problem?? :D Sounds like there may have been trigger issues in hot weather but I doubt anything had expanded from the general heat caused by a summer day to screw things up.

Had one, sold it. Overall very nice gun... but one thing I noticed was that in hot weather, the plastic parts would expand ever so slightly (as all things do) not enough to actually notice... except when I pulled the trigger clear back to the rear wall of the trigger guard. No bang, no hammer drop, I squoze for all i was worth and the weapon would not discharge. I filed down the little nub on the back of the trigger, and that seemed to deal with the problem nicely. For about 2 months. Then same thing again. I could no longer trust it as a carry gun.

There was a tear in my eye as I drove away from selling it, it's a beautiful piece. I just can't have any question in my mind about whether my gun will operate. It's one thing when the hammer falls on a dud... quite another when you can't even get the hammer to fall.

You sure that "expanding plastic" was your problem?? :screwy: Sounds like there may have been trigger issues in hot weather but I doubt anything had expanded from the general heat caused by a summer day to screw things up.

If that's true then what happens when the sucker heats up just from shooting?!;)