Are there any ranges in Williamson County?

Guest shultz

I'm in Williamson but I'm having trouble finding an affordable range that is open at decent hours (most of these ranges seem to close at 5pm... people have to work!).

I've found Oak Hollow Gun Club which seemed like it would be a cool place but it no longer exists?

And then a few ranges in Antioch, TN ran by the state outdoors.

And then the Gun City in Nashville but I hear that is small...

Any recommendations?

I am thinking outdoors would be better because there is a lot more room but let me know. I'm in Cool Springs.

And yes, I've seen Useltons but that seems like an outrageous ripoff to pay $200/yr + $15 each time you go.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll catch cancer at Gun City. I avoid going there anyway just because they suck in general. Owl Hollow is open, but the guy that owns the property is running it. I don't go there, but I'm sure someone can inform you. They're $40/yr I think. The state range in Antioch is only open Fri-Sun until 6pm, I think they close at 5 in the winter. I got scolded for doing double and triple taps with my AR, I don't think I'll be going there anymore. The state range in Montgomery County is almost as close for me and they don't ride your ass about every little thing.

Guest tdtennessee

shoot me a pm. im in nolensville and have a spot where we can shoot whenever. just clean up our brass. outdoors on family land need to bring your own targets but its free so get over it, lol im due a good shoot day so let me know.

Guest JHatmaker
shoot me a pm. im in nolensville and have a spot where we can shoot whenever. just clean up our brass. outdoors on family land need to bring your own targets but its free so get over it, lol im due a good shoot day so let me know.

TGO get together at your place!!!:2cents:

Guest jimdigriz
I got scolded for doing double and triple taps with my AR, I don't think I'll be going there anymore.

That's strange, since I regularly hear automatic gunfire there...

Guest tdtennessee
Who is "we"? And what will be the features of the range?

Thanks.

we is my cousin and a business partner of his, i dont actually have anything to do with it. nothing is final at this point but the range it top of the line and the board has already approved the plans and said that any new ranges will have to meet their standards or better. i cant really say much more than that at this time.

Owl Hollow is not dead.... just changed mgmt sortof.. CHMR

Awesome - this isn't far at all from where I'm at. I'll be able to practice every weekend if the hours are correct.

I don't care about the weather and I would quite frankly much rather be outdoors anyway. I'm going to sign up now!

• 1 month later...

I drove about an hour each way down to Owl Hollow and it was too busy to shoot! Multiple groups of people were taking 3 or 4 lanes each and no one wanted to even discuss giving up a lane. Of course the handgun pit had 4 or 5 shooters already. This was at about 3pm. I saw 2 other members come and leave without shooting while I was there. I guess it was just too nice to stay indoors so everybody went out to shoot. Glad Charlie has the business, but frustrating, nonetheless. I haven't seen it like this all summer. Yesterday was definitely one of the nicest days of the year.

we were there around 4 yesterday and it was still busy, but there were open lanes available. two people were in the handgun pit (where we shot) when we got there, but by the time i found Charlie and paid my $5, only one was left.

i didn't love the idea of taking turns, and i'd rather shoot in lanes so more than one can go at a time.

Guest JHatmaker

Yeah, it was slammed yesterday. I went Saturday as well at about 10:30, and with the exception of a few guys shooting the 100 yard range, that was it. It was nice, only stopped firing once to change targets the whole 2 1/2 hours I was there.