going nuts over rain

laktrash

Rain got dish knocked out, been on every forum I can find, can't afford to buy anything, could try to trade something. I 'm trapped inside with 4 bored great danes. Range has got to be packed. Too early to drink. Guess I could help with house work oh sorry just got email better check it instead.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rain got dish knocked out, been on every forum I can find, can't afford to buy anything, could try to trade something. I 'm trapped inside with 4 bored great danes. Range has got to be packed. Too early to drink. Guess I could help with house work oh sorry just got email better check it instead.

i know exactly how you feel!!

it's funny that you posted this because my wife just said earlier she wanted a great dane for a house dog. how do they do inside? i'm not familiar with the breed at, all i know is that they are BIG.

Guest Swamprunner

Got drowned going out to the truck.:2cents:

I have mushrooms growing in the front yard. Never happened before.

I would go to the range, but I'm low on ammo, and broke.

Woe is me. :tinfoil:

They are great !! I grew up always having a dog I've had every thing fro a to z but Danes are special. I've had 9 or 10. They are house dogs not meant to stay outside. 1 sleeps on foot of bed, 1 on floor at foot of bed and 1 in recliner. We are fostering a sweet black one now, she's small that would make a great one she's a real sweetie We're involved with a rescue. They have great temperment good with kids and other animals. I had 1 for 9 years that was my best friend ever in life besides my wife, killed me when I lost him to cancer. They seem to sense your feelings. I guess they're size gives a human factor" the good part", great companions and couch potatoes. big goofs. but They are big and knock things over sometimes. Our home would be empty without them. Downside health issues because of size just like any other large breed. Life span average 8 to 10 sometimes longer. I know you're a long way from me but welcome anytime to come by and be around them to get a true feel. Feel freeto contact me for any info or advice not that I am an expert my wife knows more about the details I just love on them and hang out on couch with them. www.smokymountaingreatdaneresue.org has pictures of my family one is under success stories "percy" the other is "dice" is under gallery click on the header for "cherokee" is the one the snow but lost him to heart problems recently weare no lomger with smoky mtn rescue. but still involved in recue Sorry didn't mean to write a book especially one finger at a time. Get one you won't be sorry

Edited by laktrash
Got drowned going out to the truck.:2cents:

I have mushrooms growing in the front yard. Never happened before.

I would go to the range, but I'm low on ammo, and broke.

Woe is me. :tinfoil:

Me too.......thought about it bringing 'em in, slicing them, and putting on pizza. Thought better of it later. :D

They are great !! I grew up always having a dog I've had every thing fro a to z but Danes are special. I've had 9 or 10. They are house dogs not meant to stay outside. 1 sleeps on foot of bed, 1 on floor at foot of bed and 1 in recliner. We are fostering a sweet black one now, she's small that would make a great one she's a real sweetie We're involved with a rescue. They have great temperment good with kids and other animals. I had 1 for 9 years that was my best friend ever in life besides my wife, killed me when I lost him to cancer. They seem to sense your feelings. I guess they're size gives a human factor" the good part", great companions and couch potatoes. big goofs. but They are big and knock things over sometimes. Our home would be empty without them. Downside health issues because of size just like any other large breed. Life span average 8 to 10 sometimes longer. I know you're a long way from me but welcome anytime to come by and be around them to get a true feel.

i may take you up on that offer

Brooks, It's funny you brought this up. My wife and I have been "dog people" forever, but when we bought this house, outside cats seemed like a good idea. The "boys" got deathly ill after their second shots and they've not been out since. When the weather sucks, they use the litterbox, they don't whine to go out at 3am and they love us. (in their own cat way). They're not "watchdogs", but they're great pets.

some people may think i'm crazy but goats make good , outside, pets as well. my dad and i had some when i was young. they would follow us around like a puppy. i've thought about picking up a couple to clear out about a 1/2 acre of land behind my house.

That may be true, but the whole urinating in their own mouth things kinda grosses me out. But I think it's only the males that do it.

Funny someone brought up goats when I said I had everything from A to Z I also had a pet goat. Yep its true they make great pets but they do urinate in their mouths they curl their lips back and let go and also on their beards gets a little rank as they age. But they do make good OUTSIDE pets. I happen to also have a small black dane laying here ready for a good home

Edited by laktrash