People who complained about my last trip to Hero Gear...

• Administrator

I am going to go down there again this Saturday most likely. If anyone else from the greater Nashville area wants to caravan or ride along, speak now or forever hold your piece [sic]. And you know what piece I mean, you whiners. :koolaid:

There is no guarantee that there will be an after-visit shoot. There is also no guarantee that there won't be. Frankly, who knows!? There are several ranges on the way back from there!

Holler, yo.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hornet Handler
we are closed on Saturday.

WTF. I was trying to get the wife to come down so we could pick out a high school locker.... I mean safe.

Guest ETS_Inc

Anybody know what timeframe we're talking here? I have to be back in the 'Boro by 7:30 Saturday, but I'd love to join y'all, along with some NFA toys.....(I've got a sexy new muzzle device on my 7.5" '-16 I want to show off. And, no, it's not a suppressor; quite the opposite, actually.)

• Administrator

So who is planning on going tomorrow?

I've got a p.o.s. GMC truck that I've got really bust my hump and try to get squared away tonight before I can even think about heading down there. If I can't get that done, this trip may be a bust for me... so I'm trying to gauge interest and will adjust my work ethic tonight accordingly.

Hating the General right now and his whole Motors division,

--Tungsten

Guest EasilyObsessed
Cool. I just picked up parts from the parts store. I'm getting tired of giving them my money, so if this doesn't fix my truck I'm setting it on fire and pushing it off of a cliff.

Or we can just shoot it.

Full tank of gas + tracer rounds = fun

Guest ETS_Inc

Tungsten,

Sorry to hear about your truck. As it turns out, I've got some stuff that needs doing around here too. I'd offer to pick you up, but I've got to be back here by 7:30, which means we'd have to leave there earlier, so that I could drop you off in time for me to be home. That wouldn't leave us much time for shooting after Joe and Dan close up shop. Maybe another day, brother.

• Administrator

Frank I appreciate that sentiment. The truck either has a spun bearing somewhere in the rear end or (and I'm really hoping) it has a bad u-joint. I'm going to start with the most easily replaced items first and do the joints in the morning. If that doesn't remedy the problem, it's going to be a long day of completely tearing apart the rear end and replacing things that I really don't feel like having to replace.

Oh well. Such is life with machinery.

• Administrator

Things I've replaced on my truck to try and isolate the source of a really loud, really annoying squeak...

1. Rear brake pads
  2. Rear rotors
  3. Rear drive shaft u-joints (front and back)
  4. Rusty splash guards behind rotors

Things that I will have to replace to actually fix it now that we've figured out what is going on...

1. Right rear axle shaft
  2. Right rear wheel bearing
  3. Right rear wheel bearing oil seal

Turns out that somewhere over the past thousand miles or so, the rear axle got bent right where the passenger wheel hub is. Most likely right AT the wheel hub itself, and most likely because of the huge pot hole that the Smyrna utilities department dug in the middle of my street and that I found... with the truck... after dark while coming home one fateful night. They had filled it with gravel, but that never stays in place after a few cars start running across it.

I remember seeing it in the headlights, swerving to miss it, and hitting it with the rear wheel... and that's the ONLY thing that I remember hitting that could have done this.

Looks like my plans for next weekend just got made for me. :taser: