joke

nightrunner

not sure if I can get away with this, but here goes.

There was a meeting where the speaker/guest was David E. Cole, Chariman of the Center for Automotive Research (CAR), an engineer with 40+ years automotive experience, full Professor at the University of Michigan.

You have all likely heard CAR quoted, or referred to in the auto industry news lately. Mr. Cole told many stories of the difficulty of working with the folks that the Obama administration has sent to save the auto industry.

There have been many meetings where this very experienced automotive expert has had to listen to a newcomer to the industry; someone with zero finance experience, zero business experience, zero manufacturing experience, zero auto industry experience, zero engineering experience, and apparently zero brains tell them how to run their business.

Mr. Cole's favorite story is as follows: There was a team of Obama people speaking to Mr. Cole. They were explaining to Mr. Cole that the auto companies needed to make a car that was electric and natural gas (LNG) with enough combined fuel to go 500 miles, so we wouldnt "need" so many gas stations (a whole other topic). They were quoting BTU's of LNG and battery life they had looked up on some website.

Mr. Cole explained that to do this you would need a trunk FULL of batteries and a LNG tank as big as a car to make that happen. And that there were problems related to the laws of physics that prevented them from...

The Obama person interrupted and said (and I am quoting here), "These laws of physics? Whose rules are those? We need to change that (while others wrote down the name of the law so they could look it up later). We have the Congress, and the administration. We can repeal that law, amend it, or use an executive order to get rid of that problem. That's why we are here, to fix these sorts of issues."

My friends... we are screwed...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well....................

You started it about Obama

Obama gets on a plane

Obama was seated next to a little girl on the

airplane when he turned to her and said,

"Let's talk. I've heard that flights go quicker

if you strike up a conversation with your fellow

passenger."

The little girl, who had just opened her book, closed

it slowly and said to the president,

"What would you like to talk

about?"

"Oh, I don't know," he said. "How

about Health Care?" and he smiles.

" OK", she said... "That could be an

interesting topic. But let me ask you a

question first.

A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the

same stuff........grass.

Yet a deer excretes little pellets,

while a cow turns out a flat patty,

and a horse produces clumps of dried grass.

Why do you suppose that is?"

Obama, visibly surprised by the little girl's

intelligence, thinks about it and says,

"Hmmm, I have no idea...."

To which the little girl replies,

" How do you feel qualified to discuss

Health Care when you don't know ****?"