Best bang for your buck weapon light

Guest Fwdftw

Wanting to add a light to the AR15 Friends have the TLR1 lookin more for the flashlightish feel vs the small TLR1 i dont want to have a activator pad on mine. jUst the light.. No more then 100$ bucks as thats what the TLR1 will run me.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SureShot308

My vote is for the G2 LED also. I tried the G2 and the TRL2 with fresh batteries side by side and I couldn't tell the difference between the two.

I use a Viking tactics offset light mount.

I added a click on tail cap also.

it's about the lightest light package you can get short of a Surefire X series, or Streamlight TRL, or M series. Plus the G2 can be used as a stand alone light or with any handgun.

Guest SureShot308
Well I just went to bass pro and tested a couple lights.. G2 led vs a streamlight Poly tac led and it owned te streamlight.. ! Only 39.99 as well

A G2 LED for 39.99?

Online it says the G2 is 38.99, and the G2 LED for 68.99

I'll have to take a trip to Bass Pro tomorrow if they really do have them for 39.99.

Guest redbarron06
TLR 1's run time is only 2.5 hours vs the G2LED's 12. And it's alot cheaper. And every company in the industry rates their lumens differently. I havent shined them side by side, but I'd be willing to bet it's about the same brightness.

Hrm.

I have 4 Surefires. G2 (regular not LED), 6p, 6p with the 120 lumin bulb, and a 6p with a LED head. My TLR-2 is byfar brighter than any of them. I dont know if the TRL1 uses the same bulb as the TLR2 but I would imagine it does. The downside of the LED is you do not get as much penitration through the darkness as you do with a xenon bulb. I can easily see my mailbox (over 200 feet away) with the 6p with the 120 lumin bulb but can barley make it out with the LED bulbs. That being said the one I run on my AR is a Pellican M-6 LED. I just saw them on Amazon.com for 59.99. I am currently using the CAA light mount but will be ditching that soon for a different mount. The mount pretty much is not even the right size for most lights as it is too loose. I had to wrap the barrel of every light I had with tape to shim it up to the point where it was solid. I would stay away from the CAA mounts.

Guest dont_tread_on_me
No no i was saying the streamlight polytac is MUCH brighter than the surefire.. and its only 40 bucks 120 lumens C4 led

I'd be worried about it shaking apart.

My vote is an x300.

Edited by dont_tread_on_me
grammerz