Ruger SR22

Metalhead

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is pretty close to my 10/22. I have a tapco stock on mine. I guess the only thing that would destinguish it would be the ar-style stock? I wonder what the price is on one of these?

Looks nice. Nordic has been making a nice stock kit for a while but this is definitely a new kit. The MSRP is a little higher than what I would pay but if I could get one for around 400 then I would definitely get one after I get an M&P15-22. A big turn off for a lot of people is going to be that this isn't more like an AR. The reason a lot of people are buying these .22 EBR's is for training and thats just not happening with this rifle.

That is less than dealer cost.

Then Ruger should lower the cost of this rifle. With other more AR like rifles out now at a lower price point, I feel that Ruger is going to have a hard time selling these.

The more I look at it, that looks like its just a basic nordic kit. Off the top of my head, you can piece this gun together for around the same price.

The Nordic kit is 225

10/22 is 197

Hogue pistol grip is 20

Hogue Free float rail is 75

Stock of your choice is ~ 75

That comes out to around 590. If you went this way, you could then swap back forth between a standard 10/22 carbine and the "SR-22." To me, its just not worth it. I have always liked the Nordic kit but if its going to cost the same, I would just rather do it myself.

Regards to the SR22 - I would want to see if it was lighter/stiffer and easier to tune a bedding job before discounting it totally. 10/22s can be made to be very accurate if the right barrels, chambered correctly with the right trigger and free float with some kind of bedding job. Is it cost effective, I don't really know. Is it fun and interesting? It can be.

I fiddled around with several 10/22s and still am, along with other .22s.

I'm waiting for this chassis to come to market: Zimmerman Arms | Rezolution | Tactical Rimfire | Tactical 22 | 10-22

Frankly, I'm not interested in ARs, AKs etc. I'm retired Army. What I am looking for is a stiff, light, durable chassis to install accurized aftermarket 10/22 components to come up with the lightest most durable and accurate 10/22 possible within my budget. This Zimmerman may make sense that way. I'm hoping I find someone who buys a SR22 so I can at least hear what it is capable of.

Craig in Clarksville

Meh, doesn't do much for me.

IF I was was wanting a tacticool .22, I'd be more inclined to buy one on which the AR's controls were closely mimicked, so as to be a decent training aid while burning through bricks of .22s (something like the M&P 15-22 or the Colt/Umarex rifles).

Speaking of Umarex, word on the street is they've picked up licensing to make .22LR clones of the HK416, MP5, and MP7.

Before you get a Umarex Colt you may want to read this: COLT M4 22lr RUN BOYS RUN (away) - RimfireCentral.com Forums

If a person wants to train with the AR but wants to use .22 I think one of the .22 conversions for an AR then you have exactly the same platform and controls. CombatRifle.net - Colt AR-15,AR15,M16 22 Long Rifle Conversion Kit - Upper Reciever - Reviews - Sources and Information

I suppose some folks use "tacti cool" stocks just for the purpose of looking military like, not me. I am on my second collapsing stock 10/22 with aftermarket barrels and components. They actually make sense in that they are extremely fast and pretty light, with good accuracy for hunting and plinking. The first one I had had a Green Mountain Running Boar barrel which made shooting steady and accurate even when swinging the barrel, but the Rimfire Technologies barrel that I have this ATI stocked 10/22 works really well.

If you are just taking a 10/22 and restocking it have fun, it may make the rifle a tad faster and maybe more useful in the field. I'll be interested in seeing if the SR22 has more potential than just a tacticool plinker.

Guest reaper1880

as far as 22 mp5 s go i love my gsg5 with a good 4 power up scope.. is really accurate, not as accurate as my biult 10/22 but close. and it always get thw what the hell is that comments at the range