I Lost My Virginity . . .

since I conceal-carried for the first time Saturday. First, some background: picked up a XD(m) 40 at Hero-Gear during their pre-inventory sale in May, the wife and I took our HCP class in June (Brian Rutledge in Fayetteville), applied for the HCP July 16th, HCP issued August 19th, received on August 31st. Ordered a Crossbreed Supertuck (IWB in horsehide) and a Crossbreed belt about three weeks ago (perhaps I'll post a review of those later on) that I received last Thursday.

Now on with the rest of the story: The wife and I were taking our grandniece (GN) to the Polly Crockett Festival in Cowan. Since the wife spent the night at her brother's babysitting the GN, I was home alone that morning and decided what the heck, let's belt up and see what happens. I wore cargo shorts with a loose fitting shirt untucked and had the holster at 3 to 4 o'clock.

Went over the the brother-in-law's to get the wife and GN. No one seemed to notice anything unusual and off we went to Cowan. We wandered around to see what was going on and the GN (three-an-a-half years old) just had to play in the under 6 playground. She did some swinging and bouncing while the wife and I watched. An unusual thing happened while she played. No child or inflatable bouncing device was harmed by a law-abiding permitted citizen.

Took her over to a petting zoo and let her have fun with the animals. I lifted her into a couple of pens so she could get up close and personal to some bunnies and duckies and guess what? Again, no child, bunny or ducky was harmed (by me at least).

It started to rain so we packed up and headed into town. First stop was Food Lion to pick up a beef brisket that I smoked on the Weber Kettle grill Sunday morning. Waved to the crew from Hero-Gear sitting on the patio of Los Alamos Mexican restaurant winding down from a hard day's work (especially since Joe's gone) and went in to make my purchase. The only death during that stop was the cow that the brisket came from and I swear I didn't shoot it.

The final stop was a the local Wally World for our usual Saturday night grocery shopping trip for the in-laws. Since I do most of the shopping this involves a lot of bending, stooping and reaching on my part. If I printed, no one made a scene or said anything. We took the goodies to the in-laws and unloaded (the groceries that is). I helped put the father-in-law to bed (a very physical activity since he can't do it himself) and then I went home to change.

Later that evening, the wife and I were staying with the GN at the brother-in-law's and I asked her if she knew I was carrying that day. The look on her face was priceless since she had no clue. All-in-all, it was a successful first day going CCW.

Hope I didn't go on too long and I guess it did turn into somewhat of a product review for the Crossbreed holster and belt. The rig was comfortable and apparently I had no problem carrying my XD(m) concealed.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the first time I carried. I got pulled over by the Tipton County Sheriff's Dept while still in sight of my house. Boy was I nervous, and I think the officer knew I was. We carried on a casual conversation about my carry piece at the time, which he owned one of, and sent me on my way ticket free. That was two first for me that day, first time carrying, and the first time I was pulled over let go without a ticket.:up:

+ 1000 and thanks for sharing, I had a very similiar day on my first carry and have had quite a few in the year or so I've had my permit. Someday, ( I hope ) the anti-gunners will at least take a look at the facts, numbers and statistics which overwhelmingly support the 2nd amendment. Has anyone ever considered why our forefathers chose to make the right to bear arms the 2nd amendment. This means that the only thing more important to them was the right to freedom of religion which was why America was setteled in the first place.

Let me put it to you as best I can, in my less than scholarly way....our forefathers settled America for the right of religious freedom. At they sat down to decide the laws and ideas to shape our country the very next thing on the table was the right to keep and bear arms....Why do you think that was ?