INFO RUGER PC40 CARBINE

Guest jwcont1

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had mine for a year or so.

Like most Rugers, the Carbines are heavy, chunky, dead nuts reliable, and reasonably accurate. The Ruger Carbine has a very simple manual of arms, very similar to a pistol. The Carbines accept Ruger pistol magazines, and I've also found some 20 round stick magazines.

Ruger Carbines can be a fun plinking rifle, and a Home Defense gun that's nothing to be scoffed at. Maximum effective range is generally considered to be around 50 yards or so. The ammunition commonality and interchangeable magazines make the Ruger carbine/pistol combo an effective SHTF duo if you're concerned about such matters.

IIRC, Ruger made less than 10,000 Carbines, and they've been out of production for a few years, so they're getting more expensive and harder to find. They've been selling for up to $ 700 on gunbroker.com.

Check out rugerforum.com and look around there for some reviews.

Depending on the trade, and the condition of the Carbine, I'd pursue this.

Thanks biggpapa,i have been doing some reseach an so far is very positive reviews.

If all goes well,i will be owning me a pc40.

thanks for your time and help!

Edited by jwcont1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.