An enlightening visit to Best Buy

Motasyco

I was in a Best Buy store today and thought I'd pick up a copy of Red Dawn. My wife doesn't recall ever seeing it. After browsing the shelves for a few minutes an employee in the video department approached me and asked if she could help me. I explained that I was looking for a copy of Red Dawn. She said she wasn't familiar with it but she would look it up for me. We went to her computer terminal and she typed in "Red Don". I corrected her and spelled out d-a-w-n for her. She found a listing and it showed out of stock. She appologized for not having it and asked what it was about. I replied that it was about a Russian invasion of the United States. She said "Oh, is it a true story"? Of course I responded "yes".

What are our kids learning in school these days?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in a Best Buy store today and thought I'd pick up a copy of Red Dawn.

How to put a rubber on a banana and why it is ok for Bob to marry Joe.

oldogy

Please, no offense intended to the Bobs and Joes on here

I really want to say something profound but words escape me.

If you want to celebrate the Swayze get a copy of Road House, but it's usually on cable about 98 times a year.

She's seen Roadhouse. Numerous times. Good flick and good suggestion though. This is more about celebrating gunfire than it is about celebrating Swayze. Wolverines!

She's seen Roadhouse. Numerous times. Good flick and good suggestion though. This is more about celebrating gunfire than it is about celebrating Swayze. Wolverines!

I don't think anyone has mentioned "Next of Kin". Possibly my favorite Swayze movie...you gotta love a bunch of good ole boys coming down from the hills to take on the Cosa Nostra

Hahaha, this reminds me of when I used to wait tables in college. A lady once asked a fellow waiter "What's the soup of the day?" to which he, being an eternal wise-guy, replied "It's the soup du jour." She replied "Oooh, that sounds good - I'll have that!"...

I don't think anyone has mentioned "Next of Kin". Possibly my favorite Swayze movie...you gotta love a bunch of good ole boys coming down from the hills to take on the Cosa Nostra

If I remember correctly, Next of Kin was about celebrating archery or am I thinking of something else?

She appologized for not having it and asked what it was about. I replied that it was about a Russian invasion of the United States. She said "Oh, is it a true story"? Of course I responded "yes".

I was at a Target store in Austin last week purchasing a TomTom. (Those roads couldn't be any more confusing) As the girl was ringing up my purchase I asked her if it included an AC adapter.

She said that I didn't need it because it takes AC power to run it....because it plugs in to the wall....:P

Just as my wife opened her mouth to argue I said "Thank you" and walked away. It's just not worth arguing with stupid.

Hahaha, this reminds me of when I used to wait tables in college. A lady once asked a fellow waiter "What's the soup of the day?" to which he, being an eternal wise-guy, replied "It's the soup du jour." She replied "Oooh, that sounds good - I'll have that!"...

Hey Flo! Maybe you got that from "Dumb and Dumber"

Man I think you have to fail a test or something to get a job at Best Buy. I love that place, and the prices are usually really good, but it hurts to talk to some of those people.

Their prices are ok depending on what you're looking for. Just like most retailers they have a stupidly usurious markup on cables. "Hmmm. $81 for their HDMI cable, or I can go over here and buy a cable that will function every bit as well for $4. Or if you insist on the deluxe version, $10.