Chipmunk 22 Rifle Help

inspecting1

OK I now that all of you Zombie killers out there have to be training an upcoming crowd to kill them when ya'll are gone. So here is my question My baby girl has a chipmunk 22 rifle thumb hole stock, free floated barrel, and these funky scope mounts that nothing I have or have seen fits. I either need to get a set of mounts that fit or a weaver style base that will fit the 3 pretapped holes on the rifle for a red dot or a holo sight so that she can start practicing.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FroggyOne2

Irons are good to learn to use.. I like the scope as a training aid.. it helps develop position and reduce pluse.. because you can see the feedback from the scope that you can't see in the irons.. but for a lil gal.. scope is a good way to go till she is confident enough to use the irons.. then it will be on! Why.. because when it comes to shooting.. gals listen better than the boys do..

Guest TurboniumOxide

Are zombies colorblind?

Turns out they are:

Sight: due to degradation of their corneas, zombies suffer from severe myopia. In addition, they are colorblind.

So you can pink it up all you want.

Edited by TurboniumOxide

I started my daughter on a Crickett with the factory iron peep. What I found to work well was to make shooting fun by having a target that was big enough to easily hit at a moderate distance. Soda Cans at 15 yards equals instant gratification. We worked our way up to plastic water bottles at 25 yards and when that was too easy, we started trying to shoot just the lid off the water bottles. Once she could hit the lids more often than not, I put a scope on the rifle. The problem with a scope on these guns is the lack of stock comb. It was not possible to mount the scope low enough for her to get a correct cheek weld on the stock. Once she was good enough with her fundamentals of sight picture, breathing and trigger squeeze I relaxed and let the cheek weld slide for the added advantage of hunting with a scope.

She has been shooting for 6 years now and hunting for 5. She loves shooting, but even at 11 she doesn't like to shoot as long as I do. Remember to keep the shooting sessions only as long as she is still having fun. Don't try to push her to keep shooting because you want aren't finished.

Sorry for the preaching, I just like to pass along my experiences.