New Mcmillan A-5 stock

Eric

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot 200 yards yesterday, and the gun was a very solid shooter, no real fliers when I do my part..LOL

My best group shot with 168 Sierra MK.. 42 g IMR 4064 and an OAL OF 2.806 measured 1.1"

I am so looking forward to shooting further distances.

All but the cold barrel shot, I blame the loads, were 1 moa or under shooting.

Well just dumped some more cash... damn addictive hobbies!!!! Ordered some Badger Ordnance 30mm USMC rings (with the 1" inserts) and a 20 MOA rail. I did this in preperation for the scope purchase. I am officially cutoff for a while from buying " upgrades " Gotta Love the wife though cause she really puts up with alot. LOL ........

Yep, looks like it will be tuned to 2.5lbs for me... yehaw... no more unpredictable trigger pull...

I am also going to get my old one tuned or just sell it , not sure yet. I flattened the trigger itself out. It feels like the old flat one without the groves.

Took her out to 300 yards taday and shot some steel... lots of fun when you get to hear that delayed report. Once I got zeroed.. I was hitting 100%... Had to get the gun rezeroed to 100 yards as I just had the gun all apart.

Oct 11th Warren County Rifle Club is having two 1000 yard matches. If you found some 175's, you should come on out and enjoy a layed back club match, while we still have nice weather. You don't need a bunch of load testing the first time out either. Shoot a safe load, and get to know the course of fire, etc. This could be it for the year, match wise. We are into pick-up dates at this point. First timers at AEDC shoot free. (all you regulars gotta pay the $15) :rolleyes:

Nice looking rifle. I'm looking forward to seeing you stretch it legs.

I'll now cease my thread-jacking......

Chris