Guest pops

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does any one know anything about this gun

SCCY Industries

I stop in at J Floyds Golf & Guns in sevierville today just to look for a small 9 and they had a few of these. not a bad looking gun, had a nice feel and a nice price $299.

Used to by SKYY, which is oddly the address of the forum, with 600 members.

SCCY Forum :: Index

My impression has been that they are like Hi-Points, except a little more expensive and without the track record.

- OS

The only one Ive ever been around wouldnt fire two rounds without jamming. A major piece of :). From this experience I would take a Hi-Point over the Skyy any day of the week. The Hi Point is big and bulky as hell but at least the ones I've been around fired without jamming.

Used to by SKYY, which is oddly the address of the forum, with 600 members.

SCCY Forum :: Index

My impression has been that they are like Hi-Points, except a little more expensive and without the track record.

- OS

Thanks

I went to their forum and notice several unhapppy guns owners, I am looking for a backup to my XD9. I also looked at the khar 9 ( a little more $) which I think I will have to save lunch money, but who needs to eat

I heard that the guy that started this company took the Keltec P11 design and added a safety. He worked for Keltec at one time.

I have heard of one person reasonably satisfied with their gun. Many more not so much. Like above, I would suggest looking at a used gun. for $50 bucks more you could get a Sig P6. For $330, you can get a police turn in Glock 22. I got an email the other day advertising Smith 64 revolvers for $190. There are plenty of other quality, established brands out there if you look around.

I have a Skyy cpx-1.

I think they got the bad publicity when another maker sued them over the design or something. Seems like a fairly decent firearm for the money, it's kinda small or maybe my hands are too big for it, but mine has never failed to fire or jam like i've heard others do.

They've had a few names before their first gun came out. The owner worked for Kel-tec and ripped their design off with lesser quality and this is the result. He then went on the KT forums, covertly, and claimed all sorts of problems with KT and then promoted his gun. Basically he would be several different people and have his own discussions. He got sued.