CZ RAMI vs G26

Guest FiddleDog

Guest FiddleDog

I'm still searching for a good EDC. I'm pretty much narrowed down to the CZ RAMI or the G26. I'm pretty proficient with a G19 so the trigger pull and ergs of the 26 would be familiar. I've always preferred hammer to striker. The trigger on the Glock does make me nervous to carry it chambered but I've been told that I'll gain confidence with time. I've never heard of CZ-butt.

Both have a standard 10 cap. RAMI is metal, G26 is poly.

Anyone have experience with either or both? I now have some money burning a hole in my pocket, and it will be the last gun purchase I make for a little while, as I'll be turning my attention to a new house (yay!).

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

I really like CZ's, and while the 26 is a solid gun, I just really like CZ's and their all metal frames, and the Rami just looks great and feels better in my hand than the G26. (I've never fired a Rami though)

I don't think you can go wrong with either, but if I had the money and those two were my options, I'd go with the CZ.

The trigger on the Glock does make me nervous to carry it chambered but I've been told that I'll gain confidence with time.

It’s not confidence it’s complacency. If you don’t trust a weapon with a round chambered; don’t buy it.

Guest ArmyVeteran37214
I've got a line on a metal one, with less than a 100 round shot count for $500 OTD. looks like a pretty sweet deal.

For that price, you should get it.

train until you do.

+1 and an Amen here. The gun will not be the problem. It will be the operator. Go to some of the more "advanced" classes where you'll become adjusted to the mindset of chambered.

Got a G26 myself. No complaints really other than it's just a little tough to hit the X at 15 yards. But that could be said for just about anything that small, or maybe it's 'cause I shoot like CR_P!

I really like CZ's, and while the 26 is a solid gun, I just really like CZ's and their all metal frames, and the Rami just looks great and feels better in my hand than the G26. (I've never fired a Rami though)

I don't think you can go wrong with either, but if I had the money and those two were my options, I'd go with the CZ.

+1. CZ wins hands down...just my :)

I handled a RAMI a couple of weeks ago, and I thought it was closer in size to a Glock 19 rather than the 26. I could get all my fingers around the grip, as opposed to 2 fingers on the Glock 26.

I was always disdainful of CZ's, but after getting a P07, I have to say that my mind has changed. They are quality firearms. I would get the RAMI, personally.

Edit: After doing a little online research, I may have been mistaken about the RAMI. I may be confusing it and a CZ75 in .40sw I also handled.

Edited by SavageSig
+1 and an Amen here. The gun will not be the problem. It will be the operator. Go to some of the more "advanced" classes where you'll become adjusted to the mindset of chambered.

Got a G26 myself. No complaints really other than it's just a little tough to hit the X at 15 yards. But that could be said for just about anything that small, or maybe it's 'cause I shoot like CR_P!

15yrds will come with practice. It's not that hard really. Take your time. There's people who can use a G26 or G27 at 30yrds with consitency. Just takes time and practice....:tough:

Glock 26.

CZ's are awsome no doubt. Not good/comfortable for me to carry but might be good for you. Doesn't hurt to check'em both out if ya can.

I'm partial to CZs -- having said that, the G26 is a lot more compact than the RAMI. My wife tried both and she had a hard time reaching the trigger comfortably in the RAMI due to the double-stack grip.

Glock 26 and my opinion why.....

- reliability

- aftermarket support (parts, holsters, etc...)

- finish (the glock finish is superior and will need less TLC then the CZ)

- warranty

I saw on Gunbroker that Phil at Bellshire Hardware in Nashville had a brand new g26 for under $500 bones.

Both firearms are top quality. I own and carry only a CZ (P01) so I am biased and Glocks do not fit my hand.

The best way to settle this is for you to find the one that fits your hand the best. You truly cannot go wrong with either if both fit your hand properly.