mole killing?!

Guest GunTroll

Guest GunTroll

Alright I asked about carpenter bees/borg now what about these things? I keep finding my yard torn up from them. What are you guys doing to remove/eradicate these things?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

Flood their tunnels.

Or get some C-4 and blow the :P out of them. "To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit. They're like the Viet Cong, ehh, Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and firepower."

Edited by JHatmaker

You can not win this fight. The moles are relentless, and will stop at nothing to make holes in your yard that are the appropriate size for causing twisted ankles. They are ruthless tunneling machines that will cause your yard to have the consistency of a swamp. Devils, I tell ya, Devils.

Or, you could get the mole repellant made by Spectracide, it works pretty well. I think it just pushes them into the neighbors yard, but all is fair in love and moles. :D

Years ago when I lived in Memphrica I had a mole problem. I connected a garden hose to the exhaust pipes on my motorcycle and shoved the hose into one of the tunnels. I let the motor on the bike run for about 45 minutes. No more mole problems.

The same technique may work using a lawn mower, but may have to let it run a while since it probably wouldn't put out as much CO. (carbon monoxide)

Guest tnvolfan

You NEED a cat. Plain and simple. I used to have moles, but when the cat moved in, the moles moved away. I have an indoor and outdoor cat, and he LOVES to kill moles. Dont' misunderstand me, I don't have these varmints inside my home, but after finding one or two on the doorstep each week for about a month, I saw no more. You need a cat, boy or girl, doesn't matter. You won't have any other problems with small rodents either. Cats can be man's best friend, too! :D

Guest Ghostrider

My Jacks love to dig 'em up for dinner, but the whole point is to not make the yard look like you're testing ICBMs.

My neighbor had the first infestation and now they are spreading all over the neighborhood. So I did a little research.

I got some stuff to kill grubs = they are the primary food source of lots of species of domestic moles. I've treated my yard once, it's granules, and spreads pretty easily. See the label for cautions, don't feed it to yourself, wife, kids or dogs etc, etc, etc.

Result: No mole tracks in my yard, my neighbor has holes you can break your neck in and my neighbor on the other side is now getting some tunnels.

YMMV, but it worked for me.

As a side not, I love that bang stick with propane!!!

Guest GunTroll

Defiantly not getting another mouth to feed to get rid of these things. ie cat, dog. I'm thinking something with carnage and blood involved. I'm a bit twisted I guess but killing little critters is just fun. Especially when they are bothering me and or my yard that I have just purchased. The exterminator that treated our home recently suggested aerating my yard this fall and to get a little aggressive with the aerating around known mole tunnels.

I kind of feel like Bill in Caddyshack.

caddyshack-560-gopher.jpg

I have gotten four of the them this year and dog has gotten one. The secret to my success is the victor spike traps over their tunnel. Here are the basics:

1. Locate a tunnel that is being traveled by smashing a small section and noting if it is rebuilt within 24 hours. (use flags to mark areas that you are testing)

2. Place trap over said tunnel and wait.

3. When your trap is sprung (spikes down in the ground) take a shovel and dig out and under your trap to recover the offending mole.

4. Replace topsoil and repeat.

Prior to this method I used herbicide to kill worms and grubs, but that did not work. I also tried the mole away pellets and liquids, which are all caster oil. My neighbors on all sides have them but I do not. Last but not least, check out this website below:

Moleman (specifically the mole control section)

Happy Mole Hunting!