Islam On Capitol Hill

Great post! It's refreshing to hear from someone with credentials on this subject. It's unfortunate that people liken all muslims to the 911 hijackers---something akin to seeing all Christians as Jim Jones. Perhaps you could refer us to some quotes from the Koran that reflect the true spirit of Islam? I understand they honor Christ's teachings? Like most I'm pretty ignorant of the largest religion in the world. While I think it wildly unlikely that Muslims would ever become a majority in this country, I'd like to ask Christians who seem to have a problem with the separation of church and state to consider how they'd feel if that were ever the case.

Faith is dear to me as well, and my own "personal journey" has led me to every day thank God that I'm not religious.

I think if you read the books by Ergun Mehmet Caner and his brother Emir Fethi Caner, you might find the enlightenment you seek about the muslim religion. They were Muslims who converted to christianity and did not see their father again until on his death bed as he would not see them. Had they not been in the United States their father would have been bound to kill them for becoming Christians.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ralph G. Briscoe
I think if you read the books by Ergun Mehmet Caner and his brother Emir Fethi Caner, you might find the enlightenment you seek about the muslim religion. They were Muslims who converted to christianity and did not see their father again until on his death bed as he would not see them. Had they not been in the United States their father would have been bound to kill them for becoming Christians.

What branch of Islam were they? Sunni? Shiite?

That's the kind of fundamentalist insanity that many younger Muslims seem to be rebelling against. All I'm saying is that it is self-defeating to attribute the worst interpretations of their faith to all Muslims....or to all Christians. Some of them are on our side.

This is about the smartest ignorant discussion here yet.:shrug:

Religion = assisting orphans and widows.

Protestants founded and formed this country and the evidence of what a "religious" Christian motive gives us is clear. The countries that are based on Islam - of any form/sect - stands as evidence to its own nature. I find it interesting that so called Libertartians and constitutionalist "love" the constitution.... only until the principles they don't like get in the way. Sound kinda like liberals, doesn't it? You can't accept the foundation of this country in principle without accepting all it's founding principles.

Please guys don't let your personal fear, hurts, and wrongs done by who ever when ever taint your perception of truth and reality. I have often said that "Christians" are themselves their biggest obstacles. Not because they follow what they say the believe, but becasue they do exactly the opposite. Doesn't change the truth jut makes them bad examples for it.