Kirkenburts Smokehouse Grill in Murfreesboro

Guest VTCessnaPilot

Guest VTCessnaPilot

Went there for the first time today and didn’t notice any postings at first, but when checking out at the register, I saw they still had an expired warning sign stating that carrying in an establishment that serves alcohol is a misdemeanor. A closer look at the front door revealed a small 2 inch sticker, only a few inches off the ground, stating “Security Alert: weapons are prohibited in the establishmentâ€.

The people were very nice and the brisket was tasty, so I was torn; I haven’t yet encountered a restaurant that gave me such a good experience, yet wanted to infringe on my rights (and spread misinformation at the same time). I honestly don’t know if I’ll go back or not. I didn't ask the management about it, as I didn't want to give them any ideas on how to properly post. Do they just have that small, noncompliant sign due to liability issues, or do they really not want me in there?

I know opinions vary widely on this subject, but what would you do?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the sign about it being a misdemeanor is still required by law for places that serve, as it still applies to those without a HCP.

As for their small sign, you could always talk to the manager about it without bringing up the fact that it isn't proper.

The "old" sign is as applicable as ever. It's just that HCP holders are now exempt from that particular TCA code.

Guest bubruins

I've been there several times and I like the people but I never noticed a sign. I'm 19 so I can't carry as it is right now and I haven't started researching what places are fair game yet. Also, the owner is tied pretty closely to Campus School elementary and I'm sure that if all of the dozens of soccer moms that bring there kids there heard that he liked having guns in his place they'd be upset and quit patronizing his business (ridiculous, I know, but my Mom is a soccer mom and that's just about how the word would spread). It's not right, but I'd guess that it's what brings in the most revenue and that's what the business is about.

Buffalo Wild Wings has an improperly posted sign. I carry there, I don't make a big deal about it, I just walk in, armed, same as anywhere else. Basically, any improperly posted place, I am gonna carry and not worry about it. I have never been "made" even wearing a t-shirt at I-hop with 3 cops 10 feet behind me. I carry a Glock 27 in the 4 0'clock position.

Guest crotalus01

No offence, but how would you now if you had been "made" unless someone said something to you? Believe it or not, most people dont care if you are carrying.

I see people printing pretty often and I dont feel the need to say anything to them about it.

No offence, but how would you now if you had been "made" unless someone said something to you? Believe it or not, most people dont care if you are carrying.

I see people printing pretty often and I dont feel the need to say anything to them about it.

It was 3 cops, they would have had to say something if they see someone with a gun, at least check it out. Most people don't care because they live in condition white, and probably wouldn't notice if I open carried. Only people that usually pick up on it are other carry permit holders, and they wouldn't care.