Vortex Stirkefire Red Dot- any users?

Guest tennesseevolz

Guest tennesseevolz

I have scoured many gunshops in Nashville, Chattanooga, Jackson, and Knoxville areas over the past 2 weeks, and was trying to get a decent USED Aimpoint or Eotech to keep in my $200 budget---today while watching the UT game I ran acrosss the following--

Vortex - Vortex StrikeFire Red Dot Scope for AR15

This seems like it is too good to be true, but I want to know if any of you have experience with this Vortex Red Dot Sight!

I have a Stag Model 2, with fixed Front and MI flip down rear, and for the $$$ and the LIFETIME waranty, the Vortex seems like a great deal @ $150 from their website w/ mount and 2-x doubler.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I,ve been meaning to get one of these for months now.

Not sure why I have'nt...just too lazy I guess.

The price on these things have gone up here recently.They used to be had for 120ish...now the lowest I have seen them is 150.

If you wanna buy here in Chattanooga,see here

Guest tennesseevolz

well- I bought a Vortex Strikefire from B&H Photo online for $139.99 + 8.60 shipping----they also threw in a $25 giftcard---- it looks good as far as specs, and I hope to be able to review it after using- i will have it on thurs or frid-----could any one w/ eotechs, trijicons, burris, and aimpoints make it to Hobson Pike on one of the next 2 Saturdays to test them out vs. eachother??? Should this be in a new thread???? I think that 2- 20 round mags/ optic should be sufficient----let me know guys--- This will be an AR specific shoot.

I just got my 1st AR-15 last weekend, a DPMS and I'm thinking about one of these low budget red dots to mount on top of my carry handle, I just want to start shooting it and getting used to it and in the future I'll look into a higher price range red dots!!! I'll post pictures of it tomorrow!!! COOP

Guest tennesseevolz

GOT THE STRIKEFIRE TODAY!!!!!!! It is a great looking sight----I took it to my buddies and shot 50 rds, @ 50 yrds and was ale to zero in no prob- the zero held very well (I put the sight in a pelican case in the back of my truck and drove around for a bit and shot again)-----it has red and green dot---the doubler that comes with it is ok----i am now looking for a less expensive magnifier w/ side flip to add to it.-----i think this will be a great range optic----the Vortex guys have a lifetime no question warranty---what else could you ask for in a sub $150 sight??

• 3 weeks later...

I've narrowed it down to the Trijicon probably or maybe Eotech. I was using a Sightmark Ultra-Shot. It's a good sight, but I want waterproof. I'm kind of leaning towards Trijicon because of no batteries. I'm going to list the Sightmark on E-bay to move it for $75.00. to help with the huge difference in price. I found a Trijicon with mount for $479 that lines up with the iron sights as does the Sightmark. I found that I don't really like the scope feel of the Aimpoint, I perfer the thinner glass for both eyes open shooting.

Edited by flyanything

I believe it comes with your choice of high mount for an AR,or low mount for others

Edit:

From GTdist:

Included with the Vortex StrikeFire Red Dot Riflescope:

• Extra-high mounting ring for the Flat-Top AR
  • Ring height is 1.5625 inches from top of rail to center of optic (providing lower 1/3 co-witness)
  • Flip-up lens caps
  • Doubler
  • CR2 battery
  • Vortex Limited Lifetime Warranty