For you NASCAR guys

Guest mustangdave

Guest mustangdave

Well...it looks like DODGE is out of NASCAR next season...RPM(Richard Petty Motorsports) signed a letter of intent with Robert Yates Racing to run FORDS. Petty back in a FORD...WOW...seems like old times anyone remember the last time Petty drove a FORD car?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoot, long gone are the days of "race it on Sunday and sell it on Monday". It doesn't matter what they are called since pretty much the only thing that really represents any of the manufacturers products are the stickers on the front of the cars. Hell, it might as well be IROC. I think they went the wrong way with the frames etc. I still watch but my heart is not nearly as in it as it was once before. How does the song go..........money changes everything.

Guest JHatmaker

While they own Saturn now (or whenever they finalize the deal), they still have a contract with Dodge in Nascar for the time being. I did hear they may bring the Saturn mark into Nascar.

Guest JHatmaker

Apparently Toyota is really pushing NASCAR to replace the old a$$ obsolete V8's they use for a direct injection set-up. With the possibility..wait for it..of switching to turbocharged V6's.

Since both Ford and Chevy are really starting to push their new Turbo V6's, this could happen sooner than later. Toyota technically had to reverse engineer an engine which has no road adaptable use whatsoever just for NASCAR, therefore wasting millions on development. By switching to direct injection, the manufacturers could then start testing racing equipment that could be applied tor real-work driving (similar to F1 = ABS, stability control, etc). The manufacturer's would then see somewhat of a return on investment.

While I'd prefer V8's to little V6's running around a track, it would make things more interesting, and better engines for the public to one day have in their own car. Then we'd truely be back to "Race on Sunday, sell on Monday"

Edited by JHatmaker

true. i really cant believe that NASCAR is still using the 1st gen carb'd smallblocks for engines. i really thought they would have kept up with technology and upgraded engine platforms by now. i mean gm production cars are now on a 4thgen small block, while nascar is still using a 1st gen. but if they did that and each manufacturer had to use their own brand of engine, ford would be screwed, and possibly toyota, because the GM LSx is waaayyy better than the ford mod engines and anykind of v8 toyota could make up. and the dodge new hemi engines are starting to get enough aftermarket support to run with GM.

another problem is though that there would be TONS of restrictions on the turbo, because they can be tuned almost indefinetely.

Guest JHatmaker
...another problem is though that there would be TONS of restrictions on the turbo, because they can be tuned almost indefinetely.

You nailed it. Absolutely, think what they're getting away with now. I'm sure that's several years off, but it is a lot more easy to monitor the engines now due to their simplicity.

Guest mustangdave
NASCAR sucks today. No fights, everyone's a pretty boy politically correct doll, and the cars have no identity....:P

LMAO...wait until Danica comes over and that other Italian racer chick follows...can you say CHICK FIGHT in the PITS???:P

Guest JHatmaker
LMAO...wait until Danica comes over and that other Italian racer chick follows...can you say CHICK FIGHT in the PITS???:P

I can see Danica getting a ride, but not Milka. She's not bad, but at the same time not at the level Danica is at.