TWRA Public Land - Crowded?

Guest clutepc

I was curious if anyone knows how crowded the TWRA public land gets around priest lake for deer season?

I hunted it during turkey season and besides people just wandering the woods I only saw 2 other hunters the whole season, and I hunted roughly 20+ days.

I'm sure deer season will be a complete change, just curious if anyone has ever hunted any of the land around the lake?

Trying not to dread it but I picturing a line of people heading into the woods..

Also, If anyone has any suggestions for a first season hunting deer I'm open to it..

Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if it is anything like the twra land near me, bow hunting is uncrowded, muzzle loading season, is more crowded and when gun season opens up every nut case with in 50 miles and can get off work is in the woods. best to have a lease for gun season with a max of 1person to 25 acres unless you buddy hunt.

Guest 308Phantom

I hunt around priest and the last 2 years it has really become crowded. ever since twra let you drive trucks and atvs there it has been a disaster. I have had many a morning or eve ruined due to some idiot running around on his atv and/or truck looking for deer. Oh and just because unit 1 says mon thru thurs only thats not what it means I see people out there hunting all week. When my buddy called the manager he was told dont worry just hunt. I do not expect this year to be any better.

well that's about what I expected, i don't have much of a choice so we'll see how it goes. kinda dreading it now honestly,

the places I'm hunting are marked foot traffic only but your right I still see the atv's running through there tearing everything up.

it would be nice if they would or could find a better way to enforce some of the people on the twra land.

I'm surprised no one has been hurt being some place their no supposed to be.

there are a lot of apts backed up to the woods and people from the apts like to take their nightly walk through the woods.

normally once you tell them it's hunting season they get the point and go back home, but by that time they have spooked just about everything in the woods.

thanks for the info..

Edited by clutepc