Forbes Article on Gaston Glock

Guest JHatmaker

Guest JHatmaker

Many of you may already know of Gaston and his personality/business style, and this is a good article that was written back in 2003 that gives a brief insite to the man behind Glock. I ran across it again and thought I'd post a link for those who haven't read it. It's a good read...

Top Gun - Forbes.com

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had never read that before. Just another example of why you should trust very few people.

Case in point: A guy that used to live across the street from my uncle in Redwood City, CA was a Motocross racer, and a successful one. He owned two houses on the same street, just so he could house his 9 cars, including a Lamborghini Countach, Lamborghini LM002, a 60's era restored cougar, 40's era restored Harley with side car for his dog, etc. You get the point. He was loaded. Anyway, he put his trust in financial manager, who took everything and left the country, leaving the dude basically penniless. He had to sell both houses, the cars, everything to avoid total bankruptcy.

Moral? Don't give anyone the keys to your castle.

Guest JHatmaker

What I found the most interesting was that Gaston got a mallet to the head, but still was able to get up, and knock the dude out with 2 punches! He must have one hell of a right hook...

What I found the most interesting was that Gaston got a mallet to the head, but still was able to get up, and knock the dude out with 2 punches! He must have one hell of a right hook...

Yeah, you'd think he'd be packing.

Best part of the whole article:

"Glock looks forward to getting back to business--making guns and fighting what Jannuzzo calls "dumb-ass lawsuits." He's also aiming at new markets. "Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, South Africa and Hungary all have forces carrying 40-year-old guns," says Glock's marketing director, Herbert Weikinger. But before he can elaborate, Glock sends him out of the room for talking out of turn."

;)