Potentially Emotionally Dangerous Project

Guest jackdm3

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YouTube - The Fray - How To Save A Life

This wasnt out when my friend was killed but I always think of him when it comes on.

That song came out about the time I had my wreck...

I had a friend that I met in rehab after I had my wreck in August 05. We both had pretty much the same injuries,and were the only two people in rehab that wasn't an aging stroke victim.

So its needless to say that we reached out to one another during our horrible times to look for comfort,and strength to push through to the next day.

Now as much as I know how strong of a person I am for getting through what I did,there was absolutely no comparison to the strength that he had.Without him,I wouldn't be where I am today.

Anyhoo,he later died from compilations from his original injuries(two days before Christmas to make it harder) and here I am four years later,and that song still tears me apart like something crazy

Guest redbarron06

I am really supprsed being here in Tennessee that nobody has mentioned

"He Stopped Loving Her Today" By George Jones. That song was actually voted the greatest tear jerker of all time.

"Arlington" Trace Atkins

"TAPS" on a bugle

"Amazing Grace" on the pipes

"Till the Last Shot's Fired" Trace Atkins

"Dont take the Girl" Tim McGraw

Every single one of these will reduce me to a bawling child.

I am really supprsed being here in Tennessee that nobody has mentioned

"He Stopped Loving Her Today" By George Jones. That song was actually voted the greatest tear jerker of all time.

"Arlington" Trace Atkins

"TAPS" on a bugle

"Amazing Grace" on the pipes

"Till the Last Shot's Fired" Trace Atkins

"Dont take the Girl" Tim McGraw

Every single one of these will reduce me to a bawling child.

I posted "Arlington" and "Till the Last Shot's Fired" on the first page.:D And I agree with you, they bring a tear to my eye.

Guest redbarron06
I posted "Arlington" and "Till the Last Shot's Fired" on the first page.:D And I agree with you, they bring a tear to my eye.

Both of those really rip my guts out but TAPS to me is the monther of all choke up songs. I have been to way to many funerals for veterans, some in my own family. I saw them posted I was just expressing that they are awesome also.

I still cant belive no body said "He stopped loving her today" That song was so sad that GJ did not want to record because he thought nobody would ever listen to it.

Guest JHatmaker
Eric Clapton's acoustical version of "Tears in Heaven"

Yes!! That is the only song that ever really makes me sad. I've never cried to a song (not trying to act all tough or anything, just takes a lot to actually get tears), but that song hits you hard, especially if you have children.

Guest jackdm3

This one really works, apparently. My wife is in the den eating and watching The Wrestler, and I hit play on this. I hadn't heard this version in forever so I turned it up, and I swear in less then 15 seconds she slammed her fork onto the plate, didn't even finish chewing her food and said, "You mother****er! Can you not play that around me?" I asked her if she was serious. She never talks like that.

Good choice, Shooter!

Edited by jackdm3
emphasis

Sorry I didn't mean to hit a nerve:hiding:.

I think Pearl Jam did a great job but Mr. Wilson will tug on you a little.

I have another one that I don't remember that much but it did run chills down my neck. Maybe someone on here can help me with it. All I know is the name contains Lori.

The song is about a guy that meets a girl at a dance. She leaves early & takes his sweater. He then goes to her house & asked for her & her parents said she had been dead for a year. So he went to the grave yard & finds his sweater on her grave.

Anyone know this??

"Against the Wind" by Bob Segar, especially the rendition by Willie Nelson on the "Highwaymen" CD.

The refrain "I Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then" can tear me up.

Makes me remember all the things I wished I had done and all the things I wished I hadn't done.

Sorry I didn't mean to hit a nerve:hiding:.

I think Pearl Jam did a great job but Mr. Wilson will tug on you a little.

I have another one that I don't remember that much but it did run chills down my neck. Maybe someone on here can help me with it. All I know is the name contains Lori.

The song is about a guy that meets a girl at a dance. She leaves early & takes his sweater. He then goes to her house & asked for her & her parents said she had been dead for a year. So he went to the grave yard & finds his sweater on her grave.

Anyone know this??

YouTube - THE COUNTRY GENTLEMEN-BRINGING MARY HOME

Guest TackleberryTom

For me, a few of the previously mentioned songs are pretty close.

If something should happen - Darryl Worley

Where were you when the world stopped turning - Alan Jackson

The walk - Sawyer Brown

Real Life ( I never was the same again)- Jeff Carson

Tell me I was dreaming - Travis Tritt

But the one that I can't even listen to unless I am alone is this:

Guest se-real

Life Is Beautiful: Sixx Am

I Can Ride My Bike With No Handlebars: Flobots

Mainly the Flobots song almost brings a tear to my eye everytime I listen to it. I lost my best friend to an idiot on a quad. We were at Woolys Offroad Park and he got ran over by a quad. This was his absolute favorite song when he died and I can just remember us riding down the road blasting that song! haha Prob not the taste in music for most people on here but its random songs that I hear that remind me of great memories.

If anyone cares to listen to these songs, please do. I think that the messages in both songs are pretty powerful.

Edited by se-real