what gun shops still do layaways?

Guest jdavis

Mike at Hero Gear told me their layaway plan was 20% down and either 60 or 90 days to pay the balance (can't remember which since it was at least a month ago and the memory ain't what it used to be).

Yes I am not sure what their policy is for layaway. The sign on the outside just went up last week I think (big outside sign). Had heard of people doing things on layaway there before but have not had an opportunity to try it out.

Not to derail the thread, but with that name are you a fellow kayaker?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I am not sure what their policy is for layaway. The sign on the outside just went up last week I think (big outside sign). Had heard of people doing things on layaway there before but have not had an opportunity to try it out.

Not to derail the thread, but with that name are you a fellow kayaker?

Sure 'nuf. Old Town Loon 16-foot tandem. Just don't get to go out as much as we like.

Guest Sgt. Joe

The Great Outdoors Store here in Jackson does lay away......I would think all of them do but can not be sure. They want 20% down but seem willing to work with folks. They told me as far as the 90 days that so long as I stayed in contact they would work with me.

I got my PPS-9 out the other day so I dont have nothing on lay away there right now.....ummmm?......What do I want?

Robertsons Trading Post in Henderson does a 90 day NO Refund deal but after 90 days you would not lose it but pay 6% on total cost each additional month.

Also Gander Mountain here does it but I dont know any details as their prices are MUCH higher than GOS. so I never considered it. As for the higher prices I am talking 100-150 dollar difference in same weapon?

I often wonder how they sell anything there:rolleyes:

Specialty does it. Think it's 3% every 30 days or such? I've done lay-a-way quite a few times through them. A few times half up front, and the rest on the next paycheck. No problems.

Specialty Arms in Lavergne does do layaway. Last I checked you have to put 20% down and the monthly service charge is 2% of the outstanding balance with no time limit on payoff.

Edited by BryanP
  • 2 weeks later...